Would anyone buy a Toyota SR5 Extra cab?

cookiepnga, Aug 1, 8:05am
And how much would you spend!

cookiepnga, Aug 1, 8:07am
Toyota Hilux SR5 Xtra Cab 4wd 2008
Asking price: $36,995Listed: Fri, 20 Jul Listing #: 495788894

How about this!

mugenb20b, Aug 1, 8:16am
Personally, I'm not a fan of the new Hilux. I prefer the Bounty or Ranger as I believe they are better utes + the bonus of suicide rear doors in cab plus models.

3tomany, Aug 1, 8:18am
nothing because it has a rear seating or storage area but no doors how dumb are they.

cookiepnga, Aug 1, 8:19am
Suicide rear doors!

mugenb20b, Aug 1, 8:26am
The cab plus model has driver and passenger doors like any other cab plus ute, but there are also very discreet looking rear doors that can only be opened once the front doors are open. Very much like Mazda RX8.

cookiepnga, Aug 1, 8:27am
Have seen those doors. Not bad.

thejazzpianoma, Aug 1, 8:29am
How stupid is that on what's supposed to be a practical vehicle. wait I will just grab something out of the back. no I won't. I will fluff about opening and closing twice as many doors as I need! *facepalm*

cookiepnga, Aug 1, 8:30am
Yes its a two door.

3tomany, Aug 1, 8:32am
not bad THEY ARE BLOODY BRILLIANT anything that good is obviously not a toyota

metzeler, Aug 1, 8:41am
Its a ute!dont know about you but I am inclined to store stuff in the tray not the back seats.This is kind off the reason they invented utes.

franc123, Aug 1, 8:48am
Before making comments like that, see one in action. When both doors are open it gives superb access to the rear seat as there is no b pillar in the way, fragile items like long cardboard boxes that you might not want to put on the tray or wooden crates for example can be more easily got in and out than in a regular doublecab with smallish doors in the back. Many a tradesperson likes this feature, have seen one belonging to a chippy who built two superb cupboards in the back that stored and concealed all his power tools, and all completely lock up of course. The whole setup came out in seconds if passengers needed to be carried. Totally freed up the tray for materials and other stuff. This layout has been used in american trucks for years.

thejazzpianoma, Aug 1, 8:55am
LOL,
You actually make a really good point, its a love or hate thing. Having used a similar setup as a tradie, its not for me though.

mugenb20b, Aug 1, 8:57am
LOL! Well.that's better than opening only one door (ie. Hilux) and having to reach in behind the seat to get something.

thejazzpianoma, Aug 1, 9:03am
Quite right, but then it would still be better than the Hilux even if it had no doors and you had to enter it Dukes of Hazard style.

Seriously though, you are right better to have some access than none.