Caldina oil light

familiadude, Jul 30, 2:53am
Hey guys gave the gtt a oil change today suprise they gave me the wrong oil filter its longer its z432 however once I left the driveway the oil light flashed at me and went off when i came off the gas and came on again when I put my foot back on the gas went home put about another 100ml in it and no more oil light any ideas!wil this filter be alright or should I change it to z386!only physical difference in filters is one is 10mm longer other than that pretty identical thread/seal wise

the-lada-dude, Jul 30, 5:17am
make sure you put 4 ltrs in it , did you 1/2 fillthe filter first !possibletemporary airlock. check weather the std filter has a pressure relief valve and anti drain valve.the new filter may not have those items which could cause problems. i would check 4u but i don't have my parts book here. someone will know

familiadude, Jul 30, 7:28am
its got both of those. light hasnt come on since I put more oil in only put 3.9 litres and didnt fill the filter first that was probably the issue

mantagsi, Jul 30, 7:33am
Those two oil filters you mentioned that fit, long and short, either is OK but long one recommended for GTT. For my GTT, used the long filter, but as previous poster mentioned, prefil filter, let it sit for a bit then maybe pop a wee bit more in, screw on filter then fill 'er up. bit odd about the light coming on briefly. You havent any big dings in the sump obscuring or damaging the oil pickup! if the light doesn;t come on again and you know you have the correct amount of oil in, I wouldn't worry any more

familiadude, Jul 31, 4:17am
Na no dings or anything in the sump car is standard height have done about 100ks since then and no probs. just out of interest how much oil are they supposed to take!also I didnt prefill the filter but there was 15mins of idling before that drive as was bleeding the cooling system also. meh anyway as always thanks heaps for your help guys