Pt cruiser's any problems

duckey, Jul 29, 9:32am
was thinking of getting one as anyone had problems with them Thanks

40wav, Jul 29, 9:44am
My main problem with them is they are so friggen ugly. Take the bonnet off and shoe-horn a big V8 in there, then drive around in a Bugsy Malone hat and suit and it 'might' be ok.

mugenb20b, Jul 29, 10:00am
Cambelts are time consuming to replace. Not much interior room either.

vtecnet, Jul 29, 10:47am
For some reason I hate these cars almost as much as I hate the Toyota Priusfor no real reason, a friend of mine has to drive one from time to time (company car) and describes it as being a real turd to drive.

bashfulbro, Jul 29, 11:02am
Seriously, stay away from them, they are never ending trouble.my daughter just HAD to have one, but it was a disaster, cambelt cost over $2000 to do, the motor had to be half pulled out to do it, her friend alsohad one,it too was a dog as well.and, they both lost heaps when they sold.

franc123, Jul 29, 11:11am
The issue there is that there is barely enough room for the 4cyl wheezebox and its associated equipment that is fitted in there factory, without going bigger. I had the misfortune of having to do a radiator on one and it was half a day in and out from memory. All you can say about PT's is that you can see what the designers were trying to achieve but sheesh did they make a mess of it. Very expensive to buy for what you get too.

kcf, Jul 29, 8:07pm
Run away.Dreadful reputation those cars.

gman35, Jul 29, 8:18pm
Unlike the Mini , which has the cool "retro" look but also drive great and (probably because they are) engineered very well , these are not. End of.

texastwo, Jul 29, 8:28pm
Also quite underpowered for size and weight.

gman35, Jul 29, 8:47pm
Yes , another common theme with under-developed/badly engineered cars , the chassis (suspension etc) would not handle any more power anyway and so could potentially end up being dangerous , some brands would just never "sign off" a car like this for sale in the first place.

sifty, Jul 29, 9:34pm
Main problem is everyone will think you are a 'tard.

chebry, Jul 29, 9:40pm
Under the retarded body work lurks a Chysler Neon, hardly the last word in automotive design

smac, Jul 29, 9:43pm
I've driven one, been passenger, but never worked on one. I'd disagree with the statement that the interior space is no good, I thought it was fine. I'd completely agree that they're an underpowered turd to drive.

skiff1, Jul 29, 10:07pm
biggest issue, in my limited experience is overwhelming nausea in bystanders, induced by hideous faux retro styling.

duckey, Jul 30, 6:51am
thanks maybe ill talk the wife out of one, they sound like a dog and shell miss the power as we are down sizing from a v8 wagon

taipan4, Jul 30, 6:54am
An a sawn off under the seat or better still a thompson with a full mag

tandj3, Jul 30, 7:33am
Whole car is a mistak

moosie_21, Jul 30, 9:07am
Stay away from ANYTHING with a Chrysler badge, lord knows how they stay in business.