Holden ss 06

Page 2 / 2
bellky, Jul 22, 12:29am
It seems this^ is the case. It's the only logical conclusion that can be drawn from what has happened. I'm sorry for the incorrect (as it turns out) advice I gave on the '04 thread. We removed the cats (and modded zorst) on our injected lecky ignitioned cars and had no problems.

bob266, Jul 22, 12:38am
Exhaust fulla is going to do a diagnostic check on it, I presume that will bring up any faults that need addressing!

unbeatabull, Jul 22, 1:35am
Only if codes have been logged. If the engine light is on the dash it will bring them up. And depending on the tester he has, will depend how much info he can get out of it. A Holden Dealer would be better equipped as they will have all the diagnostic equipment to test everything.

I bet he's already scrapped your old CATs though so good luck getting them back

richardmayes, Jul 22, 8:17pm
I love V8s.

There's something quite Pavlovian about so many of their owners.

bob266, Jul 22, 10:20pm
Well the exhuaust fulla said there was a dent in the 02 sensor that he made so it will be replaced hopefully this will fix the problem, thanks for some of the good advice on here and no thanks to the others who obviously have never wanted to improve a vehicle in their lives! And
I will be getting my cats back cheers

bellky, Jul 22, 10:24pm
This is good news bob266. I sincerely hope it comes good, and your sister's car too.

splinter67, Jul 22, 10:25pm
Good luck hope that fixes it for you

mopsy3, Jul 22, 11:47pm
Your engine light would/should be on if it was the O2 sensor in a car that is that age. Although an engine tuner is able to 'turn off' your O2 sensor through your computer. Took the cats out of a BF XR8 and had the engine light coming on, easily fixed although didnt have the poor running problem. Still, start with who did the job and move on from there. For all you know they may be prepared to help you out.

mopsy3, Jul 22, 11:49pm
You're factory trained aren't you!

jessie01, Jul 23, 7:55am
mopsy the man is going is fix the problem, really lucky they are an honerable business. light not coming on but the time for a service light has been since the exhaust has been done and its not due for that yet.