Reversing Camera. Im thinking of getting one put in is there anything to look out for when comparing different ones also is wire

trdbzr, Aug 9, 8:04am
Im thinking of getting one put in. Is there anything to look out for when comparing different ones! Also is wireless or hardwired better!

zak1998, Aug 9, 8:09am
On sale at Repco now in the flyer go wireless easy to fit

doctor_evil99, Aug 9, 9:27am

pup2, Aug 9, 6:59pm
Wire. Saves any hassles/surprises like interference. Have fitted bucket loads of em and don't touch wireless anymore. Still get the wirelesss ones in now and then as per customers request, but once set up beside a wired one, they change their mind

jason18, Aug 9, 7:06pm
Im glad I got a wired one, i paid 99 for a 7 inch screen and camera. Works mint!

richms, Aug 10, 8:00am
Wireless will keep waking up and showing static, other ppls cameras and cheap wireless security cameras. And not work too well if someone nearby is using bluetooth or wifi.

However a friend put one on the back of their boat which was somewhat easier than cabled thru the car and trailer and boat.

bigfatmat1, Aug 10, 8:06am
get a wired one wireless ones are arse

thewomble1, Aug 10, 3:53pm
Wired is the way to go.

footplate1, Aug 10, 11:40pm
Where do people generally mount the screen!I have a Beamer 3 series and the dash area is already "busy".the radar detector and Tomtom occupy a bit of the above dash console visibility.