Toyota Lexus V8

sez_trading, Aug 31, 5:47am
Ok who is using one in a project! Whats your project let us know what you are using it for, likes dislikes mods. cheers

gunhand, Aug 31, 5:49am
Theres a PT Crusier with one in it on TM for sale at mo.

sez_trading, Aug 31, 5:52am
wow thought they would have had a v8 from the start.

hyphen, Aug 31, 7:19am
had a series 4 RX7 with a 1uzfe in it, Link ecu & R154 manual box, went like stink, handled well, lots of info on www.lextreme.com

rod-zone, Aug 31, 7:34am
Ive driven a few of them in various vehicles and to be honest they were pretty disappointing,Admittedly they were standard BUT a standard Small block chev or ford is more exciting.Personally if ya going to the effort to do an engine swap,id 100% fit a LS chev over a toyota.Then again if ya budget doesnt allow it thats a different story

falcon15, Aug 31, 8:05am
I have 1 in a suzuki sj413 offroader. goes great has no problem spinning 35s but then again its pritty light. best mods are exhaust, intake and a link ecu

sez_trading, Aug 31, 8:13am
I'm just putting one in a surf now, Pretty much done. I have heard mix feelings on these engines. I do know of one putting out 1200rwhp but hell I'm not planing engine mods, it should be enough for a surf (I hope). Just need to do the fuel pump then I can try starting it.

wrong2, Aug 31, 10:58pm
you do realise the capacity & power outputs of both "standard" engines right !

1uz heads will flow enough air to make 600 hp, & their stock cranks/blocks are good for it

wrong2, Aug 31, 11:01pm
or you could have a go with the 302 & 350 ci v8's that toyota make

the 350 weighs the same as the LS1, but had quad cams & intake/exhaust VVT

rod-zone, Sep 1, 2:46am
Um.yeah im pretty familiar with the motors.And its not rocket science to see where the power difference is.I could argue by saying a small block chev can make 2 to 3 thousand H.P but it all boils down to ya budget.if the budget was only $2000 i doubt you could buy a toyota v8 with trans and wiring and have it turn key start.for $2000 you could buy a running chev and trans with carb and ignition.I was just saying for the fluff around id be going "main s stream"unless the budget allows other wise

mrfxit, Sep 1, 3:32am
Theres a trader on here that offers full swap on the1kz 3Ltr & surf for $3500, so gives a fair idea on what a full aftermarket swap would be for the lexus

un_known, Sep 1, 8:20am
saw one in an mx5 supercharged nos and a manual.best thing is the car looked damn near stock apart from a bonnet scoop.