WHICH HOLDEN WOULD YOU PREFER AND WHY?

Page 2 / 3
vjregal770, Aug 29, 8:39pm
LC GTR XU-1

smac, Aug 29, 9:32pm
I think the comments on here about depreciation are possibly a little difficult to prove/forecast.

2008 SV6 versus 2006 ss.roughly same price (big range)

2004 SV6 versus 2002 ss.roughly same price (big range)

Certainly not going to be enough to base a purchasing decision on. It's like fuel economy - it's just another thing people tell themselves to justify decision they've already made (if it works in their favour). I've yet to meet somebody who would actually and honestly choose one model over another due to depreciation (private buyer).

timid_, Aug 29, 11:27pm
True

pollymay, Aug 30, 4:26am
I bought a motorbike and a 2005 maxima. Zero place for the old VN anymore even if I do like it.

berg, Aug 30, 4:34am
Weighed up the same question two years back for myself. In the end went for the V6 as I just couldn't justify the extra expense (both purchase price and running costs) of the V8. Haven't regretted it at all

rachel46, Aug 30, 10:03am
most of the police, taxis and reps Commodores are the boring base model Omega's. I've got an 08 SV6 and if I was allowed I would've definitely gone for the 8!

timid_, Aug 30, 10:13am
Can Iask why!

rachel46, Aug 30, 10:24am
I previously had a VX which I loved and even when the VY and VZ came out I wasn't fussed over them until the VE came out in 2006 which I grovelled over for 2 years before I could eventually talk hubby into it. Price was all that it came down to in the end but theres just something about the SS thats magic oh and it sounds better!

timid_, Aug 30, 10:28am
I know the SS I'm looking at is all factory, nothing has been modified.

whqqsh, Aug 30, 4:19pm
go the 8!

ksam, Aug 31, 4:31am
Had to make a similar decision, kept thinking common sense is the VE 6, but the older V8 was really nice and made you smile when you drove it, I kept thinking that the VE would be great when you first got it, but then just be 'the car' So V8 it was, no regrets, love it.

bellky, Aug 31, 4:44am
LJ XU-1

timid_, Aug 31, 5:40am
Significant difference with insurance premiums!

ksam, Aug 31, 7:46pm
Around $120.00 extra (a year) for the 8 in our case.

greta29, Sep 2, 10:36am
kingswood

granada, Sep 2, 10:43am
A9X

hotrodtodd1, Sep 2, 8:38pm
Buy the V8.

You never hear of anyone with an SS saying, "Gee I wish I had bought the thrifty 6" but you will hear owners of the Holden 6 say "Next time, Im going for the V8"

And as others have pointed out, the V8 holds its value much better.

magicmat, Sep 2, 8:59pm
I cant go past the GTO Monaro from last decade (any year) as being my favourite but they are still relatively expensive, so I guess they have held their price well.

I adore the VX Clubby though, its by far my favourite looking Holden. I dont care for the VY or VE shape, they just dont look as good to me. I love the curves of the VX, extra trims, the lot!

gmphil, Sep 2, 9:17pm
V8 ! as stated ul always wonder andcan sell /trade back to a v6 lol
Tui anyone

kazbanz, Sep 2, 9:25pm
Sorry bro -In your circles maybee thats the case but in my world I hear it all the time.
The normal senario here
Yea bro I want the V8. Yea bro its my daily driver. etc etc.
usually about 6 months later.
Um bro have you got something cheaper to run! I can't afford to run it.
There are exceptions of course but most V8's change hands once or twice a year in my world.
Now a V8 as the weekend car--great idea

smac, Sep 3, 8:23am
As above, still not sure where people are getting this idea from!

rick07, Sep 3, 9:49am
Def go the v8. I had a ve sv6, but have gone back to a vx Senator. Cant beat that v8 power and rumble! It has had a mafless tune, and I swear its cheaper to run than the ve was.

pebbles61, Sep 3, 9:53am
SS - Hitler would have approved

magicmat, Sep 3, 10:10am
Not the first person who has gone back to the VX, the Senator is nice too, with the much better looking extra tail light garnish on the boot etc.

Though even with the mafless tune, I can imagine Kaz is right regarding the running costs putting the daily drivers off. I use mine daily but there is no denying it really sucks the juice!

pebbles61, Sep 3, 10:14am
It does aye lol, I can't help but notice it when I see them.