Toyota Platz - strange/silly question

raek07, Aug 27, 6:00am
Hi there,
My mother is about to buy a 2002 Platz, as a shopping trolley it??

a.woodrow, Aug 27, 6:02am
It's a common way of marking a vehicle to note that a recall has been carried out. Take the vehicle details to a toyota dealer and they can tell you if there are any outstanding recalls. I can't remember anything offhand, but I wouldn't let it stop me from buying the car.

tigra, Aug 27, 8:20pm
You can probably check recalls online.

kazbanz, Aug 27, 8:43pm
Hi raec Im sorry but the person you spoke to sounds like they are confused. The very first platz came out in mid 1999 and other than some very specific minor issues in 1999 have proven to be utterly reliable ever since.
Ive literally sold hundreds of them and have never had a problem with them.
I do recommend NEVER look at the 1000cc version. Its utterly gutless and in the real world is less economical than the 1300 or 1500cc version.
They also come in two trim levels. Short version being that in one the rear car seat back folds forwards and in the other it doesn't
Incidently I prefer the 2003 and later shape -but theres no mechanical advantage -they are the same mechanically as the 1999-2002 version
Re Yellow paint -um when a fresh import comes into NZ the inspectors mark each place they have inspected with --yellow paint pen.
Not saying there wasn't an issue with the very first platz but that its very minor and wasn't an issue in later models