PT Cruisers good or bad?

Page 2 / 3
dr.doolittle, Aug 22, 10:07pm
Tell me this do'sent look cool. What Jappa can you do this to!
http://www.myunusual.com/Pix/Cars%20pix/PT%20Cruisers/Fender%20woody.jpg

bellky, Aug 22, 10:09pm
Probly even heavier now lol^.

mrfxit, Aug 22, 10:18pm
LOL cool.
just needs that meaty v6 or small v8 to complete it.

shelleigh, Aug 22, 10:50pm
People have mentioned in other threads that the visibility out the rear windscreen is crap.

dr.doolittle, Aug 23, 12:40am
They must be ahead of their time then.

shelleigh, Aug 23, 12:43am
Karlos put pt cruiser in the search box on the left and change the date posted to last year - you will find several threads about them.

wrong2, Aug 23, 5:21am
this is why PT's get a lot of hate

they look like a car from the hotrod era, but are just an ordinary family wagon with quality issues

& the restyled second model from 04 on spoiled the retro looks

if instead they had a RWD 4.0L v8, they would be one of the most loved modern cars by the knucle dragger section of car fans

mugenb20b, Aug 23, 6:25am
It's OK.I know you like Chrysler products.I'm just trying to tell OP to get something that's more sensible than a PT Cruiser. But, each to their own.

hutchk, Aug 23, 6:51am
Why has nobody mentioned the 'you-look-like-a-big-gay- when-driving-a- Cruiser' aspect!

offrd1, Aug 23, 7:00am
LOL.fair enough.Not blindly a Chrysler fan,Manley a Jeep fan,i stick up for them as there is so much crap on here from people that are idiots.i was foolish enough to listen to these people,then decided to check them my self a couple of years back and have never looked back.i don't really know that much about the PT Cruiser but i figure its good to have something a bit different than all the Jap stuff

offrd1, Aug 23, 7:01am
LOL.There is acouple of Gay people here that own Jag's

kazbanz, Aug 23, 7:07am
Hey on this subject. In the late 90's Toyota built a car called a "classic"
I saw one whilst in Japan--it looked like a big 1930's english car -even had the chrome bumpers.

mugenb20b, Aug 23, 7:08am
Jeeps have good power, which is what you need off road when you get in a sticky situation. Jeeps represent excellent value for money too and if I was looking at buying a 4x4, the V8 Grand Cherokee would be my first choice.even though they have no chassis.

But, anyway, sorry, I hate the look of a PT Cruiser, if different looks is what you are after, there's many options out there.like Fiat.things.for example.Mazda just happened to be the first car I could think of.

offrd1, Aug 23, 7:28am
And a good car they are to.lol.I own a 2002 Corolla very sad but true.my wife and i both like the look of the PT Cruiser But would never own,maybe one day will buy a STR Chrysler V8 .[ my Jeep is a Wrangler manly used off road ]

ross117, Aug 25, 9:28pm
My sister had one. She bought it because she (surprisingly) liked the look of if. She constantly complained though about how underpowered it was and I must admit on the open road it was very evident. Also her big gripe was the turning lock on it. Really hard to take into the supermarket car park. Eventually ended up costing her a lot of money in repairs. The whole thing was a nightmare.

cassina1, Aug 25, 11:12pm
Finding out a car was underpowered would be something I would have thought you would find out on a test drive. I remember when they first came out I thought they had a way too small motor for the 1930s car they were supposed to look like.

mrfxit, Aug 26, 2:22am
Yea . imagine my shock & horror when I found out they only have a small 4cyl in them.
Was hoping for at least a small v6

ross117, Aug 26, 12:32pm
Yeah when you test drive a car, often there are some things that don't appeal, and other things that do. So people may go ahead and buy on the 'balance' of likes and dislikes, but after a while longer some things they thought they would get used to, really start to annoy. Its life.

falcon15, Aug 26, 7:41pm
We have a customer at work that has a pt cruiser he says its the biggest mistake hes ever made buying it. constant problems hes spent over 4g in repairs with us lucky he bought mechanical insurance with it. its had alot of electrical faults and the motors going to go next, it has really bad piston slap when you start it up cold in the morning.

klrider, Aug 26, 7:50pm
either way, hidious

kcc55a, Aug 26, 8:22pm
So True!

skiff1, Aug 26, 11:33pm
this doesn't look cool

skiff1, Aug 26, 11:35pm
no, jeep wranglers are many things, but not manly

splinter67, Aug 27, 12:12am
How many of you have driven a PT cruiser !

dr.doolittle, Aug 27, 12:31am
I have.
Again, not a rocket ship but I thoughtit drove OK around town.