PT Cruisers good or bad?

Page 1 / 3
karlos1969, Aug 22, 6:39am
thinking of buying one,drove the neighbours in the states often ,liked it,what u guys think!

a.woodrow, Aug 22, 6:40am
bad

karlos1969, Aug 22, 6:40am
wow u fast
why!

a.woodrow, Aug 22, 6:43am
Difficult to source parts.
Very hard to work on = high labour costs for repairs

mugenb20b, Aug 22, 6:48am
Bad, small, overpriced, old technology, poorly designed, made in USA. Buy a Mazda 2.

dr.doolittle, Aug 22, 6:49am
Personally, I like the look of them. Nota rocket ship so if you dont drive like a bat-out-of-hell it wont matter. You'll get my respect for making a concious decision to be just a little bit different.

kazbanz, Aug 22, 6:54am
Contrary to my normal opinion I say good.They aren't the most mechanically brilliant car on the road but I like them because they are quirky.We had one of the top spec models in stock and I enjoyed driving it. Seats were a bit hard/badly setup

skiff1, Aug 22, 7:19am
its a personal thing and each to their own, but i think they are the most hideous car on the road with the possible exception of the multipla

morrisman1, Aug 22, 7:25am
Yanks usually come equipped with their own padding

offrd1, Aug 22, 7:55am
Another boring boring person.yeh we all want to drive Mazda's .NOT

mantagsi, Aug 22, 7:57am
When buying one of these, I think it is typically an unconscious decision :P

96jeep4life, Aug 22, 7:57am
If you can live with the the terminal ugliness of it

les6, Aug 22, 8:11am
ask someone who has had a cambelt done on one!

bmwnz, Aug 22, 8:16am
They are often referred to as syphilis, 'cos once you have one, you can't get rid of it.

xs1100, Aug 22, 8:36am
toyota cavalier anyone.

tgray, Aug 22, 9:09am
Yuk

gunhand, Aug 22, 9:15am
If you like it buy it. You will never get the answer you want on here.Most people dont even know why they dont like something, they just go with the current trends or thinking on the matter.
Your choice, your money. Do you ask opinions of everthing you buy! if you did you would never buy anything cause someone says its no good or ugly or whatever. For every negative you can prob find a posative as well somewhere.
And if it turns out its no good trade it.

chookin3, Aug 22, 9:52am
go for it, shame they arnt a v8.

nzdoug, Aug 22, 7:48pm
Ive read of big prblems after a few years old.
Google is your friend

dr.doolittle, Aug 22, 8:07pm
I read the same article too, about every car ever made.

splinter67, Aug 22, 8:17pm
Look up every car you will find major problems have occurred in all cars If you like the look of them buy one I think they look cute

mrfxit, Aug 22, 9:33pm
Only heard about the mechanical problems but .
Looks combined with the engine choice = CRUD

Would be a great donor body for a decent V6 plus body kit

bellky, Aug 22, 9:39pm
Doesn't sound like they are tooo bad from above posters.

You obviously like them OP so go for it. They are different styling wise and I think that's a good thing.

mrfxit, Aug 22, 9:43pm
They constantly remind me of cars that have really fancybody / paint & tire mods done & still run the std factory 1" exhaust & 1300cc ohv engine.

Looks. . don't match the sound & performance

gman35, Aug 22, 9:45pm
The Retro looks would be great IF they were also good to drive , but these are decidedly average (much like the "new" VW Beetle) ,unlike the Mini. As all the points #5 makes , (although not sure about the Mazda 2 as they are a small car) , but our Mazda 3 is bigger and they drive great, but obviously not as "distinctive" as the Cruiser.