Toyota 2C-T head

studio1, Aug 23, 7:53am
Need one that isn't cracked. Yeah, I know - not easy to find. I'm hoping someone on here has one. Can anyone help me out! New china-made ones are not an option.

mugenb20b, Aug 23, 8:26am
Auction number 505108990. Otherwise, try STA parts.

studio1, Aug 23, 9:05am
Cheers for that. Searching 2C-T unfortunately doesn't bring up listings for '2CT'.
Still be keen for a second hand head if someone has one.

pnh4, Aug 23, 9:10am
x1
How close is a 3t for match!

movnon, Aug 23, 9:12am
dunno if all the aftermarket ones are chinese but if the cooling system is in good order (all of it) why should there be an issue!

pnh4, Aug 23, 9:15am
Try the 3T one I reckon probably bigger valves in all.

pnh4, Aug 23, 9:20am
Sorry OP misread title,,,

mugenb20b, Aug 23, 9:51am
Can I ask, what kind of vehicle is it for! A Toyota Townace van!

studio1, Aug 23, 9:54am
No, it's a Caldina station wagon.

studio1, Aug 23, 9:55am
Do you mean the 3C-T! It's the same block as the 2C-T, but I don't know what other differences there are between the two engines.

studio1, Aug 23, 9:58am
The only issue is the price. I can't justify spending a huge amount of money on this car. If I can find a second-hand head that's not cracked, at a reasonable price, I'd sooner go that way.

mugenb20b, Aug 23, 10:00am
x1
OK, Have you tried contacting TM member toyota_parts! They might have something.with a bit of luck.

mugenb20b, Aug 23, 10:04am
Fair enough, unfortunately, anything that's 'diesel' is hard to get and/or costs a fortune. I would like to add that you will need new head bolts, they are around $60, and disconnect that stupid EGR valve when you get around to it.

pnh4, Aug 23, 10:13am
No I had a 3TC Toyota Corona Turbo, so its always there I misread your O.P "2CT"

gadgit3, Aug 23, 7:33pm
Hay Stu I put a 1C into scrap last month doh. A 1C head will fit up if you can find one also. How did ya get on with that Nissan! I still haven't been able to come up with the info on the TPS for ya. slack or busy you pick lol.

gadgit3, Aug 23, 7:35pm
Toyota have a lenght spec for all head bolts. they are reusable and in the 13 years I have been ripping heads off Toyotas I have never had to replace a set.

studio1, Aug 23, 8:56pm
Hmmm. interesting. I've always been of the understanding that once a 'torque once' head bolt has been stretched (because that's where they go when you crank on the last 1/4 turn) they do not return to their original state once removed, and re-using them isn't advisable as you will have varying levels of tension on different bolts.
I think for the cost (I can get a set for about $40) it's not worth taking the risk of damaging the new head or gasket.
I HATE working on cars at the best of times, but doing this is necessary and I don't wish to re-visit it again. Not on this vehicle anyway!

Cheers for the comments anyway.

gadgit3, Aug 23, 9:55pm
I have done 1C into 2C-T and 3C-T into 2C-T conversions. yes they are just bolt in replacments.
I had a 2C-T Townace that cracked a head. I found a compleat 1C fitted it up and bolted the hair dryer on from the 2C-T making it a 1C-T. it went bloody well even with 7 people in it. I sold it off after 30000kms with no issues.
The only real difference between the engines is weather or not it has a vacuume pump on the tappet cover.

studio1, Aug 24, 5:54am
There's a 3C-T head on TM here, but I notice there's a lump in the cam cover (where the oil sprayer comes out of the head for the vacuum pump) but no pump.
I'm wondering if this head would have the oil sprayer or not, coz if it doesn't it's no good for my 2C-T.
What do you know about this!

studio1, Aug 25, 5:19am
Too late now, been bought by someone else. The hunt continues!