N.Z Euro / Jap Euro

Page 1 / 2
incar., Aug 16, 1:08pm
while inspecting vehicles im finding n.z new euro cars have so many more issues ( diagnostic faults/ oil leaks) compared to jap imports, merc, bmw, vw, audi. strange

321mat, Aug 16, 1:40pm
This is true, BUT what you also need to realise is Euro cars are not the pinnacle of reliability they once were, and servicing costs can be 3-5x more than an equivilent Japanese car.

Also, I've run across more than a few european car dealers that are a disgrace to deal with.very dodgy.
E.G.One dealer even tried to tell me that I needed to change the spark plugs every 10,000km, (yeah. what!) and a friend of mine who bought a brand new VW Passat which had the ECU die on it after 1500km, the dealer told him that it was his fault (although he could not justify exactly "how" this was the case), and refused to honour the warantee. This matter almost went to court before a settlement was made.Also, another person who I know of bought a brand new Golf (not meaning to pick on VW here, it's just what happened), with a 3 year service plan was told by the same dealer that the service plan did not cover parts and labour.It was to cover "inspection" only.

BE VERY CAREFUL.
Many Euro dealers are just crooks.

intrade, Aug 16, 6:14pm
Yea well gilltrap is where i would buy a new vw doubt it be having issues never heard bad things and My bora tdi has most of its services from them i rang em up and they confirmed me some items 2 years ago on parts done .

kazbanz, Aug 16, 8:38pm
321mat in fairness I think you need to remove the word euro when saying Dealers are crooks.
Unfortunately as much as I'd like to say otherwise there are still dishonest dealers out there regardless of selling Jap .euro or auzzie iron.
I suspect though that some guys are "getting away" with it by selling the reliable jap cars sothe comebacks don't happen
I must add --for every crooked dealer thats about 1000 members of the public happy to do a crooked deal (dump their old car)

saxman99, Aug 16, 11:20pm
Strange.My experience is the polar opposite of yours.

bex25388, Aug 17, 12:04am
Ask people on TMMB for opinions on European cars is like being asked to be punched in the face repeatedly.

Oh and my mates, brothers, uncles, sisters, boyfriends, mistresses, dog had a BMW once it blew 3 transmissions in 3 months, the head gasket blew 7 times and one day i was driving along and all the wheels fell off! It cost him/her $6 million dollards to repair it!

Ive got a 740i

Full service cost me $250 including 10/40 or 30 fully synthetic oil which last bloody ages and stays clean longer than anything else ive seen.
Full transmission service $300
Disgonistics scan $45
Waterpump $180 plus labour
Thermostat $80 plus labour
Radiator $300 plus labour
Coolant flush $90
Expansion tank $130 plus labour
Rear ball joints $45ea plus labour
Thrust arms $90 a side plus labour
PCV valve $144
Wheel bearings $130
Machine brake rotors $45 a side
Replace brake rotors $60 a side plus fitting
Brake pads $70 a pair.

All new parts no second hand ones, every tried buying new Toyota parts! I have a 320i as well which cost even less again.

Right now i call bullsh!t on 3-5 times darer to service or maintain.

splinter67, Aug 17, 12:06am
Cheaper than a jappa

skyblue17, Aug 17, 12:44am
Mate you have such a bad attitude towards euros. Maybe you should warn your customers you hate the sight of them and cant possibly do a concientious job on them. You don't sound very professional to me, or you'd learn to button your lip.

trdbzr, Aug 17, 1:23am
Maybe you should grow some and stop hiding behind a fake profile.

skyblue17, Aug 17, 2:06am
Mind your business pal. My profile is as valid as yours. Stop being a baby.

bellky, Aug 17, 2:07am
Clueless much.

zetec, Aug 17, 3:30am
Wasn't the OP making a statement that he found more faulits in European cars that were registered new in NZ than in European cars that were registered new in Japan and then imported used into NZ! To me the comment is interesting as intuitively I would have assumed the opposite would be true. Jazz might have an insight on this.

skyblue17, Aug 17, 4:25am
The comparison was between NZ new euros and Jap imports. Where the he** you got Singapore from god knows. I suggest you go back and read it again and rely less on your imagination.

bellky, Aug 17, 4:59am
Where does zetec mention Singapore.

Jeepers, talk about imagination.

skyblue17, Aug 17, 5:44am
Ha yeah bit of sarcasm at him mentioning Japper euros. Probably a bit over your head eh!

wsnownz, Aug 17, 5:56am
It doesn't matter if it's a NZ euro or a Jap euro, as long as it has "the vtec"

incar., Aug 17, 6:36am
Perhaps it would be better for me to explain how I find it in plain simple English, typical scenario, new vehicle purchased, has its routine servicing ($350 oil change) while still under warranty all issues that are present or arise e.g. oil leaks are discreetly overlookedperhaps all if any faults logged (for those key board warriors not all check lights come on when faults are present on Euro??

skyblue17, Aug 17, 9:03am
Your customers are the losers. I sure wouldn't want anyone like you anywhere near my car. Learn some professionalism.

unclejake, Aug 17, 9:38am
You need Bellky as he knows about this kind of thing

intrade, Aug 17, 9:50am
the problem is there are some big franchise who rip people one of my clients has taken them to court over he got charged for a cambelt full service on his vw t4and the engine distructed weeks after with no work done what so ever , Its the big multi upmarket car makes place in auckland

zetec, Aug 17, 10:10am
Skyblue17 Over my head too I am afraid. You are obviously far too subtle and intellectual for these forums.

incar., Aug 17, 10:22am
I think it??

incar., Aug 17, 10:25am
Worst part is he makes it so obvious, total gronk

johnf_456, Aug 17, 10:26am
I am surprised the the guy with the Fiat Tats is not here yet.

scoobeey, Aug 17, 12:45pm
YES toyota parts cheap as chips . genuine cambelt wpump seals way cheapa than supersheep and ripco:)