Removing inner door

xs1100, Aug 17, 9:18pm
panel without opening door anyone have any tricks,key broke in lock the other week and tried the old wire down the window trick and in the process have obviously F#$% something and cant open the door so need to get panel off and have a look any thoughts plse

flitt, Aug 17, 9:25pm
Errr, it seems you cannot access the inside of the car because you are locked out. Is this correct! And you want a way to get the inner door panel off from the outside!

kazbanz, Aug 17, 9:26pm
I dunno mate is it a 2012 poorsha or a 1920 model T ford

scuba, Aug 17, 9:35pm
there's a difference!/!/

scuba, Aug 17, 9:41pm
step one .remove seat. step 2: remove interior door handle and window regulator handle .
step 3:remove interior door panel
step 4: use interior door lock to open

or was that step 1!

xs1100, Aug 17, 11:48pm
dont know of too many poorsha is that a millars special,

xs1100, Aug 17, 11:51pm
no finally got new key cut and drivers door opens butnot passengers door.oh and just for the record dont know how much differance it makes its a nissan pathfinder

xs1100, Aug 18, 5:07am
so really no helpful hints then

morrisjvan, Aug 18, 5:20am
it will be difficult to remove the inner panel with the door closed as most tuck in behind the door jambs, so the door needs to be open first.

granada, Aug 18, 5:23am
Hit the central lock button and it will unlock automatically.

mantagsi, Aug 18, 5:27am
You are going to be in a hell of a bind, as per morrisjvan the doorcards are normally trapped by the dash. All I could recomment is to do what scuba said, ie; get the seat out, and then try and pop off the bottom left of the door card (it hopefully is just on by pop on clips) and worm your hand in and try to manipulate the lock mechanism manually. You will have to face the fact that you will most likely wreck the door card, but they aren't unobtanium, so not the end of the world. Good luck and let us know how you get along

kazbanz, Aug 18, 5:49am
XS sorry mon I was waiting for the name of the vehicle.
What I would do is basicly what scuba said. with the seat out you may be able to get to the back edge of the door card.If you unbolt the door handle. Use the door you can open as your template as to where the bolts /screws and poppers are located and undo what you can. I have a neat little tool for popping the tabs that may not damage the door card.
Ahh sodit--are you up this way anytime in the near future!
I have a set of plastic tools for removing plastic parts without doing damage.2 of them might be just what you need.
As

flitt, Aug 18, 3:20pm
I'm curious, and perhaps there's something I'm missing, but why does the seat need to come out!

kazbanz, Aug 18, 7:40pm
go sit in your car with the passenger door closed -the answer will be odvious. ;-)Basicly its a 4x4 with big high seats. Its going to be hard enough getting the door card out without trying to get around a seat as well

xs1100, Aug 18, 8:03pm
cheers guys yes have been thinking "yip ya done well this time forrest gimp" and of course being a nz pathfinder its a 3 door so geting the seat out the drivers door is going to be a lesson in swearing on its own

kazbanz, Aug 18, 8:29pm
mate it doesn't have to come "out" -just out of the way
Undoo the bolts holding it down. Put carpet or a thick old blanket on the back seat and bung it back there.
The offers there if you wanna use my dash tools on the card.

r15, Aug 18, 8:46pm
or. find a cheap used MATCHING replacement door card first

then hack the shit out of the one that is there and just replace it once the door is open

depends on availability of cheap parts and what model pathfinder of course

xs1100, Sep 2, 12:45am
hahaha all done,and without swearing and cursing and broken door panels.was very lucky

kazbanz, Sep 2, 1:39am
Ok smartass-- How didja do it!
didja take seat out etc

pge, Sep 2, 4:27am