Radio won't go

fiatnut, Aug 10, 7:50am
After experiencing lots of static over a period of time whilst driving past Addington where several radio stations are my car radio finally stopped. CD's work fine - do I need an auto electrician or do I visit a car radio store!
And no it is not a Fiat - that's his passion. Thanks

40wav, Aug 10, 8:27am
I'd guess your aeriel has come loose and eventually disconnected. Pull the radio out and see if the cable is in there properly. That's where I'd start anyway.Good luck.

fiatnut, Aug 10, 9:18am
Cheers - a project for me 2moro.

andrea_w, Aug 10, 9:27am
Factory stereo or an old aftermarket stereo!
The tuner pack may have died.

Or the inner core of the coaxial aerial cable may have broken

Or the aerial amplifier may have died (not applicable on all cars)

What type of car is it!

fiatnut, Aug 11, 8:58am
Mazda Demio with factory stereo. Looked at pulling radio out today but bit beyond this over the hill lady.

cowlover, Aug 11, 9:05am
I'm guessing the band expander has come unpluged so might be an easy fix once you get the radio out which is probably quite simple once you know how and I've nevr done a Demio so cant offer any suggestions.

theedge76, Aug 13, 6:22am
The radio in a Demio is very hard to fix (and impossible to change). My suggestion would be to get someone who installs car audio to take a look.

fiatnut, Aug 13, 10:16am
Thankyou folks. Looks like a visit to the m/v audiologist. Damn it is going to cost but I am sick and tired of listening to cd's on my 1 hour 20 minute drive to the office each morning.