Govt charging to put motor vehicle on hold?

Page 2 / 2
ema1, Sep 9, 10:32pm
It's normal for an expiry notice to be sent out before the license expires I receive mine always around a couple to 3 weeks prior to expiry date.
I suggest there maybe some error in your address or perhaps you have moved and not notified a change of address. Seems odd to me and my vehicles are always as you say( in your case ) up to date as well and I pay via internet on the notice provided as it shows a reminder numberwhich you get asked to supply on the NZTA website(Do It Online ) facility,( this just by-passes the window where you place your personal details including current drivers license number etc which marry up to the reminder number details stored in their on file license info data.)which then automatically takes you through to the window where you select the term length of the license you want to select then payment options then you are done.easy peezy really, only takes about a minute or so to do.

ema1, Sep 9, 10:32pm
It's normal for an expiry notice to be sent out before the license expires I receive mine always around a couple to 3 weeks prior to expiry date.
I suggest there maybe some error in your address or perhaps you have moved and not notified a change of address. Seems odd to me and my vehicles are always as you say( in your case ) up to date as well and I pay via internet on the notice provided as it shows a reminder numberwhich you get asked to supply on the NZTA website(Do It Online ) facility,( this just by-passes the window where you place your personal details including current drivers license number etc which marry up to the reminder number details stored/recorded on their license info data files.)this then automatically takes you through to the window where you select the term length of the license you want to select then payment options then you are done.easy peezy really, only takes about a minute or so to do.

ema1, Sep 10, 12:20am
If exempting a vehicle the NZTA website has a separate facility for doing that too, it gives you a selection of exemption times that you can choose from, it too is simple to complete.
Sorry I didn't mention that detail before.
My previous post really explained the re-licensing process for a vehicle to have a current legal license renewed