Mitsi Pajero Q

aasha, Sep 11, 6:13am
Hi there can anyone give me info on what these types of vehicle are like ! any known issues !http://www.trademe.co.nz/moto-
rs/used-cars/mitsubishi/pajero-
/auction-492668915.htm

yogibearz, Sep 11, 6:19am
GDImeans gasoline direct injection or to a Mitzy Dealer guaranteed dealer income. I wouldnt touch it . But thats my personal opinion. Will be interesting to see what others say.

kingfisher21, Sep 11, 6:19am
GDI, don't touch, price is way to high for one of that many km's and year anyway.

aasha, Sep 11, 6:31am
one i was looking at is 14k and nad just over 2hundred thow k

spudfarmer, Sep 11, 6:32am
head probs injector probs and pump

boat3, Sep 11, 6:57am
i have owned mine for 3 years,never had any trouble at all,its thirsty around town,not too bad on the open road,i tow a 2 ton hardtop boat with mine,heaps of negative posts from people who have bad experiences with the 2,4 chariotwhich gave alot of trouble,the 3.5 is not really a problem engine,ring a few different mitsi agents and talk to the workshop,they wont mind,lots of people trash gdi,but its everywhere now,nissan neo,toyota d4,subaru,they all have similar faults,my 5 cents worth,mine has only 140,kms now

franc123, Sep 11, 6:58am
Pretty expensive for what it is, you are being asked for Prado money there, and you don't get nearly as much of it back when you trade it in again.The V6 GDI's don't seem to suffer as badly from the issues that plagued the early 4 cyl GDI's but they are not desirable for other reasons, refer thread link above. I'd only pay $13K for that vehicle, maintain it well for a few years and get rid of it well before 200K came up.

lazzo, Sep 11, 10:17am
I've had 3 Pajero's with GDI engines and they have all served me very well, not so good on the juice around town but reasonable on the open road, Pajero's will tow just about anything all day and all night no hassles, they have a monocoque body, the 4WD technology in Pajero is far superior to many similar vehicles, they are selectable, so run in 2WD unless you select 4WD, you can also change from 2WD to 4WD on the run up to 100kph. The 6th and 7th seats in the very rear fold down under the floor as opposed to over the rear windows, this gives better visibility and more storage space.

Personally if I was looking at another gasoline powered Pajero I would be looking for one with the 3.8L engine.