Female tyre question

Page 3 / 6
luxy, Sep 15, 7:36am
show me a good photo of the good wheel with the hubcap off and I may be able to tell you what it is
It is probably cortina or humber 80 or, being a horse float could be xp Falcon,, they were the most common wheels used

mrfxit, Sep 15, 7:38am
GGRRROOOOwwwwww.
LOL.
Nice bite ;-)

mrfxit, Sep 15, 7:40am
PPsstt . 4 x 114.3 x 13"

bashfulbro, Sep 15, 9:38am
Just kidding , good luck

incar., Sep 15, 10:11am
$2 is cheap for their time, stop moaning, cost money to run a business

annrob, Sep 15, 11:14am
Try this the blonde way.
Write the number down and take a photo.
Find wreckers, or any male.
Show them the problem and ask them to fix it. Ask how much it costs.
Praise them.
If they insist, don't pay them.

the poor dears need to do SOMETHING useful.
And Tonys are not the cheapest tyre place in town. Wreckers or a friendly mechanic are more likely to have spare parts around, and are often cheaper if you have to pay.

ceebee2, Sep 15, 7:59pm
Personally on the tyre thing I would fit new / near new tyres to a horse float and please ensure the chassis rust is minimal and the floor thickness is substantial as I have had a couple of experiences in my previous job of attending to tipped horse floats from chassis weakness and blown tyres. I have seen ground off horses legs.not a pretty site. Considering that the weight from one horses hoof could be as much as 100kg / hoof on a relatively flimsy floor.

Food for thought when overhauling horse floats.

texastwo, Sep 15, 8:31pm
Congratulations you have kept the "lads" on here amused for a whole Sat night.
Tony's do repair punctures for free and you should not have been charged $2 for nothing - still probably not worth arguing about. unfortunately.
Post #58 has some good advice but I wouldnt replace all the tyres. But I would carefully inspect the remaining wheels and tyres before going on a long trip. Specially the sidewalls. If its been standing around a long time not being used they may have deteriorated.

saki, Sep 16, 12:21am
Just dont PMSL when you are riding not good for leather or the horses bak, on a serious note is it a factory branded float !

mrfxit, Sep 16, 1:05am
LOL . yea how did that work out for you!

elect70, Sep 16, 1:22am
You have to pay tyre shop to swap tyres&thattyre is common sonew 1better valueby time youmuck around atwreckers& take it toshop, thwy willfit & balance new1free ( most of them )

mrfxit, Sep 16, 1:24am
Tonys in Hamilton
1 tire off or on $5 each way

splinter67, Sep 16, 1:29am
Steveos tyres in Napier free and he is open 7 days

kazbanz, Sep 16, 1:34am
Kaylin-I'd suggest you take the wheel to a wrecker and get them to find a match to what you already have.Once hes done that tell him you want 3 of them.
My reasoning being if one tyre has self destructed and the rims shotsure as eggs is eggs the other one isn't gonna be far behind. This will give you 2 good wheels on the trailer and one spare.
Id also concider going up a size to 165/65/14 rather than the 165 r13 which is a van tyre profile. Main reason being that 13 inch is becomeing less common nowadays. It wont affect the height of the trailer enough to be an issue

bellky, Sep 16, 1:37am
No^ - 13s are ubiquitous.

splinter67, Sep 16, 2:12am
How rusty is this rim Ive seen vintage car rims that arnt to rusty to put tyres on go to another tyre dealer

hatchback, Sep 16, 4:24am
What no one has mentioned that the rim may be a trailer rim, as in just for that particular application, the right inset/outset. It is the 4 x 114 patern but there are so many variations also tire may be extra ply/commercial grade.
Dont go to Toni's, they are unreliable, go to Firestone. Shame you werent in Upper Hutt, I would sort it in a flash

bellky, Sep 16, 4:31am
Offset.

mrfxit, Sep 16, 4:41am
Above

scuba, Sep 16, 4:41am
replacing rims and tyres on horse floats:

make sure all tyres are same size and similar loadrating.-wof requirement

If replacing rims check the rims have the same off set- or that the new rim will do the same job.

horses are heavy- especially on tandem floats -commercial tyres usually wear longer and handle the weight better.

check clearances:
have seen many trailers,cars or horse floatswith rims or tyres touching/rubbing becausecrossply tyres were the original fitment and people have fitted radial tyres or replacement rimswithout checkinghow much clearance is in behind the wheel or because the replacement rim has a different offset.

spare tyres-as Kabanz saidin post #65 :you need at least 2 rims-i think you said you have no spare.

also as ceebee2 saidin post*58 -new or near new tyres have fewer problems than some of the older secondhands and jap imports.

as luxy said in post #52: the rims are possibly old rear wheel drive rimsso need to check off sets.

imn, Sep 16, 5:00am
sorry had to laugh at the title. Ummm how do you know the tyre is female not male! hehehe dont answer that. Im just taking the mickey.

bigsteve10, Sep 16, 8:39am
Personally I wouldnt. It's not a 165/80/13 it's a 165 R13. The next number is the load and speed rating on the tyre, being 82s.

The missing profile % number e.g the one you said was 80, is missing so it is identifiable as a cross ply or heavy load rated tyre.

As for the rim you are looking for a 4 stud 13 inch rim.

bigsteve10, Sep 16, 9:13am
Actually yes, I used to work for beaurepaires in australia, in a semi heavy vehicle setup store. I think I would know what I was talking about.

cowlover, Sep 16, 9:27am
Yes and no.165R13 may well be an old tyre which could mean it actually is an 80% tyre, however it could also mean its a commercial type tyre but then usually it would be a 165R13C.The real problem as I see it will be getting a rim that is the same as whatever is on the float now.It could be just about anything from a Mk1 Zepher to an Austin Maxi.Under all the paint there wil be numbers which will mean something to someone.We realy need some closeup pics to try and help OP any further.Also the brand of existing tyre(s) might help.If it's an old tyre it could even be a ReidRubber or even a retread which might have had some of te numbers ground off but that was usuually the speed rating and thats still there (82S).Until we get all the info I think we are all just guessing and probably not really helping.

scuba, Sep 16, 9:29am
she said it was 16513 82s
that makes it a standard car tyre82 load rating is hardly heavy duty
also not many 165/13 crossplys around