Looking at a vehicle thats an import? with 5 digit

jacqui248, Sep 20, 5:37am
odometer. seller is saying its done 183kms. i got the carjam report, all teh kms in NZ are legit,

BUT

Its a 92 vehicle which was imported into nz in 99 and supposedly had 41kms on the clock. if this i correct this is good, BUT if it had already been around the clock once in Japan that would make it have done 283 now which concerns me.

any one got any thougts on that! how many kms is most liely in Japan over 7 years! 41kms! Or 141kms!

kazbanz, Sep 20, 5:40am
Jacqui -look at the vehicle,look at its condition. get a PROPPER PPI done on it.
Make a judgement on that basis

msigg, Sep 20, 6:47am
Yes Kabanz is right,end of the day its your call, if its only $2000 - $3000 its not much anyway.If its from a dealer it could have some sort of warranty!, or you could get some sort of cover, well Imyself wouldn't buy a car I have not seen, but plenty do and a few get burnt but the most are happy with their purchase. The milage is about right to have the cam belt done, so that is good. Phone with lotsof questions. Good luck.

piercingirl, Sep 20, 6:54am
That kind of low mileage for Japan is not unusual. Especially in major cities where most people use trains to get to work