Brainless service station staff

Page 1 / 2
icemans1, Sep 12, 2:26pm
went to the night widow of local BP, said to the guy "can you open the pump please" he replied "how much do you want!" i replied "100 litres" he replied "i'll open the pump" i thought der, and replied "that's what i said" talk about monkeys.

thewomble1, Sep 12, 2:56pm
he probably open the pump and set it for a delivery of 100L. It won't pump more than the 100L. You asked for the pump to be opened and he replied that he will open it. Pumps are closed at night to stop drive off etc. ASlso he was confirming your request.
I think you are the monkey no him.

icemans1, Sep 12, 3:28pm
PMSL, state the obvious - pumps have been closed for YEARS at night. i've asked for YEARS for pumps to be opened and hand over my eftpos card as security - NEVER had a problem until tonight. i was being sarcastic when he asked how much fuel and i told him 100L. your trader name is well suited.

whqqsh, Sep 12, 5:40pm
most Ive found wont pump 100 litres, theyre held to 2 figures in dollars not litres (most stop at $99), unless I use my company BP fuel card (unlimited) or Gulls eftpos at pump which is still limited to $150 no matter what the balance of your account

nz2293, Sep 12, 6:27pm
what the hell you have to ask to get gas jesus we have 24/7 stations and its self service

casper35, Sep 12, 6:54pm
At Z here you can put in as much as you want have got mine over $200.00 a few times.

flack88, Sep 12, 7:30pm
FFS is that all you have stress about !They are trained to say that,they probably hate the thieving c.s of oil companies they work for as well.!

dr.doolittle, Sep 12, 8:03pm
Perhaps some of you guys would rather those "monkeys" were on the dole!Give them credit for what they have to put up with.

sifty, Sep 12, 8:13pm
and I'm sure they moan about the moaning pillocks they have to serve too.

Can't be an easy job, good luck to them i say.

texastwo, Sep 12, 8:20pm
I'm suprised you didnt tell them that coffee doesnt mix well with petrol

smac, Sep 12, 8:43pm
When you get annoyed by somebody asking if you want to buy a coffee, you're clenching too tight. Say hi, ask them how their day is going, share the love.you might be surprised.

splinter67, Sep 12, 8:49pm
The thing I hate about BP is you have to wait to get to the pumps because all the people at the pumps are buying coffee

sifty, Sep 12, 8:55pm
yeah, could be far worse you grumps, it could be you being made to ask these questions.

They are not doing it to annoy you.

kazbanz, Sep 12, 9:00pm
FP In a past life I owned 3 takeaway bars. -To give you an Idea how long ago it was the red shed wasn't around and the yellow arches had about 2 stores.
If someone ordered a burger and the staff DIDDN'Toffer a drink/fries,ordered a hotdog and diddn't offer cheese and onion They would get a verbal warning first two times andwritten warning on the third offence.
Its the extras that make you profit

smac, Sep 12, 9:01pm
Unlikely to just be you. In fact I'd say a disproportionate number of people on this MB are the same ;)

But here's the thing most people don't realise: being happy is a conscious choice.

trogedon, Sep 12, 9:27pm
WINDOW not "widow"!

footplate1, Sep 12, 9:31pm
I too am a grump!One chain always gestures at the chocolate bars and it irks for the same reason.I just grit and ignore it.Victor Meldrew lives!

smac, Sep 12, 10:25pm
Oh hell yeah I get annoyed. But not about coffee, about REAL stuff. Like why the Home Care lady has to leave the pamphlet at the door not IN THE FECKING LETTERBOX LIKE ITS DESIGNED FOR!

stevel_knievel, Sep 12, 10:43pm
And if they don't ask they get a warning from the boss.

jaymcee, Sep 12, 10:46pm
I worked in a petrol station during uni holidays once, standard line was have a nice day.One guy said to me 'don't tell me what sort of day to have'.Thought that was somewhat rude!

kazbanz, Sep 12, 11:40pm
The stuff that annoys me is that local government can be billions of dollars in debt yet can afford to plant flower gardens on roundabouts -due for removal in 5 years. What annnoys me is my company pays $7000 a year in rates and we get NBOTHING from it.
What annoys me is that our gorvenment passes laws on stuff that has been proven overseas to ALWAYS fail. -and spend my tax money doing it.
What annoys me is Government passing laws without taking the time to do propper research. The new emission law comes to mind.
The net affect on the enviroment ZERO. The net affect on the average blue collar worker -HUGE>
Stuff like someone offering me a chokkie bar when I know its their job.---mehhhh

stevexc, Sep 12, 11:48pm
You should google image search "First world problems" and add yours to the list.

trader_84, Sep 12, 11:54pm
If I won a big lotto ??

tigra, Sep 13, 12:13am
If it was that long ago I bet you didnt give written warnings.

elect70, Sep 13, 3:25am
Hey the kid was just doingwhat hes told to byboss , they aint paid to think .