Brainless service station staff

Page 2 / 2
trader_84, Sep 13, 4:26am
My girls would pay you homage FP . my coffee's would be a little on the pricey side though. But I'd be running a scheme like one of our OS subsidiaries was doing prior to falling foul for not obtaining the correct resourse consent for car washing.

bashfulbro, Sep 13, 4:51am
i went to fill my truck at a Mobil, at night,the pump was off, i waved to the big ,fat lazy attendant,who never moved,he just lazily motioned me in to pay first, i went to the window, he said .how much.i said i don`t know yet, till i have filled it up, he said "when you know, tell me how much, and i`ll turn the pump on.i said " No.shove it up your lazy fat arse, I` ll go elsewhere. I did, and the very next day, i cancelled allof our six, Mobil fuel cards, and opened accounts with Caltex, never had a problem with them.and they have more truck stops, where our discounts a bigger.

sw20, Sep 13, 6:29am
Years upon years ago when I was fresh out of high school I used to do graveyard shift at a servo. We were the first servo open in the wee hours when the ferry used to cross in the middle of the night. I would be out on the forecourt at 5am filling up for people. Aucklanders were usually like WTF!! not only are the doors open, but you are on the forecourt pumping gas!!

studio1, Sep 13, 6:51am
I understand (and support) service stations having their pumps on prepay. Too many drive-offs and no one needs that. What they could do however is put EFTPOS on the pumps. MOBIL used to have it, then they made it so it was only for commercial account holders, now they seem to have removed them completely.
GULL have a servo in Hamilton which is unmanned. There's a control panel where you select which pump you want and pay by EFTPOS. Easy, convenient, open 24 hrs and the fuel is always cheaper there than anywhere else in the city. Obviously because they don't have the overheads of staff wages, a shop etc.

The only thing that really annoys me is the Indian lady at one of the servos I use who says "Would you like to spend $4 on anything in-store to save 4 cents per litre!".

Um, no - because unless I'm buying over 100 litres I'm not actually saving anything at all, and my tank doesn't hold that much!
So it's not actually her asking me if I want to, it's the fact that unless you're a truckie filling up your rig, there is no saving - which makes it more of a rort.

scarey65, Sep 13, 6:53am
i did exactly the same.i try to use independants -owners operators

thewomble1, Sep 13, 7:29am
Wombles pick up rubbish and sure picked up one here.

craigsmith, Sep 13, 7:40am
Pak n Save still have EFTPOS machines don't they. You can key in any discount codes from the shopping too.

They do 95 too.

gunhand, Sep 13, 8:00am
The problem is that when people are asked if they want coffee, fries, coke, a hooker or whatever else, many say yes. So it just goes to reason that if 3 outta every 5 say yes it makes sence to ask. its called upselling and i was told to do it as well when i worked inthe yellow place. Didnt do it often but on the odd occasion I did a few bought more than they came in for. So yes people are gullable.

richardmayes, Sep 13, 8:30am
This seems well worth having a fight about on the messageboard.

lombax, Sep 13, 9:02am
hahahahaha

pebbles61, Sep 13, 9:06am
"How much do you want!" "I don't know, just open it up so I can fill it" "I can't do that".*look a bike*."how much do you think I'm gonna run off with!, 16L!".lol

studio1, Sep 13, 9:09am
They do, but the servo at my nearest Stak n Slave is a b*tch to get in and out of, and the odd time when I have decided to get fuel after getting supplies, the lanes have been clogged with grannies dithering around trying to work out which side of the car their filler cap is on, then dithering some more trying to use the payment system.

rpvr, Sep 13, 11:30pm
Best reply I have heard to "have a nice day" was a customer in the supermarket who said "Sorry, I've made other plans".

n1smo_gtir, Sep 13, 11:45pm
will you be forcing the girls to say "would you like a BJ and dirty dance with that!"

sifty, Sep 13, 11:47pm
i'm off to get some more petrol dear.

trader_84, Sep 14, 12:15am
Noooooo! Not at my gas station operation they wouldn't. They would at my knock shop venture though. And because I could . I'd move my workforce around when the situation warrented it. I'd roster in some of my working girls to do promotional work down at the gas station when I was pushing something. I bought a lotto ticket this morning - here's hoping I win. I was thinking that the girls costumes colors would mimic the colors of TM with 'Buy Now' on their butts.

trader_84, Sep 14, 12:17am
Jesus Triggerrrrrrr - we's gonna be rich!

elect70, Sep 14, 3:37am
So much drama over atiny gripe with aservoattendant . , these people on graveyardshift are on minimum wageare given little or no trainingjust tolddont leave thecounter or open the door& if there is any complaints get the DCM& boss get anothermug in. Used to be lot ofnight time servorobberies with staff getting bashed or killedso cant blame them