Suggestions plz, LAMS approved bike for .

-90-, Sep 26, 7:29am
. a taller rider (6'3)

Possibly an adventure style bike is the better option for comfort and not looking like a tool :D. Plan to do some touring over the summer which may take me ongravel. Open to other styles also. Dont have a huge budget either :(
So whats good !
Have been looking at
XF650's
BMW f650 Strada/funduro
KLE400
Any others I need to be looking at !
Thanks.

-90-, Sep 26, 7:29am
. a taller rider (6'3)

Possibly an adventure style bike is the better option for comfort and not looking like a tool :D. Plan to do some touring over the summer which may take me ongravel. Open to other styles also. Dont have a huge budget either :(
So whats good !
Have been looking at
XF650's
BMW f650 Strada/funduro
KLE400
Any others I need to be looking at !
Thanks.

kwaka5, Sep 26, 7:37am
Any of the big approved trail bikes will be fine. Go try a couple out. Have fun looking.

kwaka5, Sep 26, 7:39am
When you are talking about budget. just how small are you looking at. Do you have any riding gear! Have you looked into running costs for a bike

sr2, Sep 26, 7:40am
The BMW would be the pick of the bunch for me.

kwaka5, Sep 26, 7:42am
Yamaha xt600, xtz660, honda xr600, xl600, suzuki dr 650.there are heaps available

mantagsi, Sep 26, 7:42am
Workmate has a Yamaha XT600 Tenere, he is no shorty either, absolutely loves it. Just avoid older ones that have the inadequate oil pump - in saying that, those models are probably all dead now anyway. Newer ones are OK

-90-, Sep 26, 7:43am
Circa $3 - 4.5.

Yeah have the gear covered. Running costs -----> Hopfully I know what to expect :D

Thanks.

countrypete, Sep 26, 7:56am
DR650 would be great, although if you choose a bike less than 600cc the rego cost would be cheaper.

kazbanz, Sep 26, 8:43pm
how much riding have you actually done!
I couldn't agree more that an adventure type bike is perfect for riding position etc for a learner.
At one stage suzuki were doing a dr400 complete with motard kit.
I think that would be fantastic bang for buck.
In case you don't know the motard kit is basicly road sized wheels fitted withroad tyresthat fit straight into/onto the drz for daily use.when you want to go play on the mud you swap to your knobbly offroad wheels.
Do be aware that although adventure bikes are fantastic for a learner rider you may find travelling long distances on one gets a bit tirting because of the headwind