Toyota Trueno 1991 4AG-E 20v

Page 2 / 2
frytime, Oct 7, 2:45am
had one in the other day, went alright but running rich. as said above capacitor was leaking in the ecu

mrfxit, Oct 7, 4:30am
Funny that AYE . ;-)
Black smoke = Over fueling on petrol or diesel
Blue smoke = oil burning on petrol or diesel

ola_bitchola1, Oct 7, 7:05am
really ive repaired a few friends silvertop ecu's with blown bulging or leaking caps

pollymay, Oct 7, 7:07am
Maybe that's just differing personal experiences. Maybe they're both equal, but I know for me it's been blacktops

tiggerluvr, Oct 8, 3:00am
I took car in to talk to mechanic, and suggested it may have something to do with the ECU or air flow meter, but he pretty much fobbed me off and said that wouldn't be the problem because the check engine light was not coming on in the dash. but there could still be something faulty couldn't there!

v8power, Oct 8, 5:42am
Something doesn't round right. Why are all the mechanics your talking to/ taking the car to fobbing you off as you put it!

It is business for them, they have no need to "fob" you off or are you just going around asking for a free diagnosis!

toyota_fan93, Oct 8, 5:57am
I think they are fobbing me off because it has a warranty on it, the car dealer is going to have to pay for repairs and I think they are looking for the simplist and cheapest solution. When it first went in all they did was oil and filter change because they thought that was the reason it was burning oil and smoking lol.

snoopy221, Oct 8, 8:53am
-Please re read post number 9
if i added a trade me username you would find ALL posters would agree-
man is well known here-honest and reputable and hey.
if he charges ya 20 bucks for a second opinion.
well!
what ya got to lose!

Tell im datblardy !snoop! rekond E moit be wrth tlk 2-K
OH and again tell im to
#ping# up dis thread-K
After all you are in ch ch
and

SO IS HE-K