Compliance testing - crash safety

greateft, Oct 6, 6:50am
Hey all - long shot - does anybody know if there are any facilities in New Zealand which do testing like ANCAP and manufacturer design tests! I need a test done to prove a design - the relevant standard calls for a static test with an SAE J826 device (standard mannequin) but these are of course heinously expensive, so impractical to buy for just one test. I know of a couple of universities in Australia which may do, but I don't think any here (going to enquire on Monday, though). Any trees I might bark up!

kaymay88, Oct 6, 6:54am
try victoria uni, they do a bunch of engineering stuff like race cars and things i think

nicolaas3, Oct 6, 7:05am
I doubt very much if it can be done here. Oz maybe but can only imagine the cost of getting the vehicle over there to test it. What sort of project is it!

greateft, Oct 6, 7:50am
Thanks kaymay, will drop them a line on Monday. Nicolaas - its a seat and headrest modification - I've got the SAE J826 standard design so I'll construct an approximate rig for design - then just ship a few test samples of the final to verify compliance.

chebry, Oct 6, 11:58am
Monash in Melbourne does crash testing in OZ

pollymay, Oct 6, 12:46pm
Tell one of your mates to hop in and offer a few stubbies. If you're confident it works then he'll be right

serf407, Oct 6, 11:17pm
Where does Racetech have their products tested etc to get the fia stickers etc !

greateft, Oct 7, 12:28am
pollymay - if thats all it took then why waste the stubbies, lol - unfortunately I don't think the NZTA would accept a death certificate as part of a certification assurance :-). Chebry - yeah, there's a few places in Oz, Monash is one I've emailed on Friday, reply pending. Serf - it's for ordinary cars, don't know if they follow the same standards - but inquiry might lead somewhere, cheers.

kcf, Oct 7, 3:08am
Aussie