DJR may go to Mazda.WTF!

attitudedesignz, Oct 6, 1:14am
DJR's new backer has been pushing Dick to switch to Mazda.

What with Ford pulling most of their factory backing from the Ford teams and treating the non FPR supported teams with contempt (one of the reasons SBR changed) i'm not surprised.
But holy cow, Dick changing to Mazda will be a big shake up for the whole catagory.

yogibearz, Oct 6, 1:15am
What have thay got thats V8!

twindizzy, Oct 6, 1:20am
They don't

attitudedesignz, Oct 6, 1:23am
Although Mazda??

chebry, Oct 6, 1:26am
As long as those obnoxious brap brap toys are kept out its all good

vtecintegra, Oct 6, 1:58am
They may as well just go the NASCAR way and have a standard generic looking car that you can alter slightly in shape and chuck whatever decals you like on

bill-robinson, Oct 6, 2:35am
You mean just like the NZ supertourers!

mitsiboy69, Oct 6, 2:38am
Why the hell would you want that! Everyone would hate that.

gman35, Oct 6, 2:48am
People watching v8 supercars don't seem to mind the same thing.
Bring back "Group A" racing !

mitsiboy69, Oct 6, 2:52am
! V8supercars do not use a generic body they use body parts that replicate the road going version.

vtecintegra, Oct 6, 5:03am
Most people seem to hate the idea of anyone but Ford or Holden competing.

It's time to stop pretending the cars have anything to do with the road going versions

pge, Oct 6, 5:11am
Just like Formula Ford!

Or Suzuki Swift class!

Or BMW 318/320 class!

Or Toyota class!

Get real, knockers, V8 Supercars is nothing more than one class of racing.

If you don't like them, don't watch them -- nobody's forcing you to watch.

At the same time, don't knock those who DO like them, one day, YOU might be the one taking flak about your choices.

mitsiboy69, Oct 6, 6:20am
Wtf are you on about I love the V8supercars and I didn't complain about anything!

And your points are completely invalid. Number one you comparing the v8supercars which is a international FIA touring car series to some little NZ race series and secondly those series ARE all the same cars thats's why they look the same. Having Ford's Holden's Nissan's etc that all look identical would be just stupid.

msigg, Oct 6, 6:37am
ford and mazda do have a tie up somewhere,but this sort of racing is all about the teams/drivers all the cars have to have the same out put,

vtecintegra, Oct 6, 8:41am
They're already pretty much the same thing under the skin, it's not as though Nissan is actually going to use an Altima (which is essentially a Maxima, I4 or V6, FWD)

phlippy, Oct 6, 9:09am
if they let in mazda then you could have any make in there bring on the lambo body shell eh