Getting more power out of nissan mistral

Page 2 / 2
1ollie, Oct 19, 9:27am
Yeah but getting that setup working well in another vehicle for the effort and maybe cost starts to get towards outweighing the benefit.

kaspas, Oct 19, 4:46pm
x1
intrade wrote:
i seriusly want to know what you are hoping to gain from all this! its a 4x4 poofighter japadiesel it wont ever be fast nor powerfull as otherwise you dont know what fast and powerfull means on diesel.
Basic tweeks i could understand like adding a intercooler when it has none but thats all the time and money you would want to waste on that.[/qoute] i know it aint never gonna be a race car would never have got the mistral if i wanted that lol. its my faithful work horse, just think a lil bit more power would be nice ,should be relitivley inexpensize if i do work myself !

the-lada-dude, Oct 19, 6:02pm
sound of large raspberry,>( ********** )I've forgotten more about modifying engines for power/economy than you two dicks !kaspas/1ollie will ever know. what some of you wackers know about this subject, you could write on a stamp and still have room for the queens head !the thermodynamic relationship between pressure/temp can create a fine line between a runner V grenadeHA HAguess you'll find it

intrade, Oct 19, 9:17pm
if you want it to be save you add a intercooler clean egr remove and block egr and clean intake and intake port. and using a diesel additive.
that would be cheap enough will give you a wee extra power and it wont add any risk of it blowing something. Anything else will increase the potential risk of it blowing something out.
You could look at the exhaust system also but thats usually expensive and i would only do it if it needs a new exhaust ,

1ollie, Oct 20, 5:21am
Don't listen to him hes not quite all there.

Yes you should be able to get a good noticeable gain for quite cheap if you can do the work your self!

kaspas, Oct 21, 12:31am
egr already gone mate/

usdefault, Oct 21, 5:31am
Upping the boost a little will not 'blow something up'

Most factory specced turbo's have a long way to go before they are overboosting.

r15, Oct 21, 6:10am
intrade. always spouting about jap diesels, but his experiences are the opposite of most other people's

i upped the boost in my old intercooled surf, and have done so in my prado as well.
what did i get for my troubles! (all 10 minutes worth of troubles)i got more power, better fuel economy, and now as the revs climb, so does power.

yea the top mounted intercooler isnt the best for cooling when you're sitting still, but i find when i'm sitting still usually don't need 100% power available to me.once moving things cool back down. right when you might need some power

kaspas, Oct 21, 6:49am
lada dude on his menstral cycle!

00quattro00, Oct 21, 6:58am
The biggest killer of modified diesels is high egt's, keep them at a safe level and it will last

1ollie, Oct 21, 8:20am
Agreed and a better flowing exhaust helps no end!

captjohnson, Oct 22, 3:35am
Do some research about water methanol injection. Works a treat from what i have heard. They are an awesome truck my mums just hitting the 300,000km mark still running like a dream! See if you can get a decent aftermarket air filter and exhaust or just enjoy the economy and cruise at 95kph experience NZ while you cruise around XD

kaspas, Oct 22, 3:57am
not unusual to get 700.000km out of a td27

1ollie, Oct 22, 6:23am
Also LPG injection, do a Google search about it! You get increased performance and reduced fuel economy as well.

kaspas, Oct 23, 3:21am
how would a snorkle go for increasing airflow!

thewomble1, Oct 23, 11:42am
x1
Make a dent in the floor so the accelerator can be 'floored' further.