Commodore to be axed?

Page 1 / 3
nave12, Oct 19, 2:28am

jmma, Oct 19, 2:42am
SShhhh, don't tell splinter67(o:

neo_psy, Oct 19, 5:41am
Well, I suppose if Ford are ditching the Falcon, there's no reason why they can't can the Commodore.

Is a "compact SUV" really that much more efficient than a big sedan!

boss17, Oct 19, 6:14am
Don't tell chebry either but to be fair this hasnt been publicly announced by Holden that Commodore is being axed and is rumour but Holden has told the Aussie Government of the future plan to get funding and it would have only been a matter of time before bit of info leaked out.
Ford holds its cards closer and also hasn't said they are ditching Falcon either neo but there has been recent info/rumour that it may continue for longer yet and perhaps through another model cycle. http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/ford-hints-at-falcons-future-20121018-27sc6.html and http://www.carpoint.com.au/news/2012/medium-passenger/ford/falcon/aims-next-falcon-teased-33119. I doubt Ford or Holden will release any detailed info for future product until the time is right.

splinter67, Oct 19, 9:19am
We will see bet ya the coon goes before the commodore strange that as they are exporting them now wonder why they dont do that to the coonprobably because they are crapola

jmma, Oct 19, 10:18am
Someone told him, who was it (o:

xpfairmont, Oct 19, 10:22am
Ford has been making the Falcon for over 50 years. Holden have to keep reinventing the wheel to compete, does that not tell you something!

xpfairmont, Oct 19, 10:29am
.why do Holden have a lion on there logo! are there lion's in Australia, there is in The Wizard of "Oz"!
Should they not have a platypus for a logo!

chebry, Oct 19, 10:33am
The first Falcons were shyte they fell to pieces not out in the bush either in Melbourne Falcons couldnt cope with tramlines at speed it took several models and some hasty redesigns before a Falcon was even a choice Early Falcons are pretty rare because they simply didnt last long enough to be old cars worth something its only now that Kiwis begin raving about cars their parents or grandparents refused to buy new Kiwis bought Zephyrs for a reason they went well handled so so but they were bloody tough and Falcons were none of those.

v8_mopar, Oct 19, 10:55am
#9 Yet there are more old falcons on the road today than zephyrs.

So if the commonwhore is deleted then will the police move back to buying coons!

wasser61, Oct 19, 10:56am
I know that the soon that Falcon will be ditched and completely replaced with the new Mondeo. This one:- http://www.ford.com/cars/fusion/
And i have to say , I like it.
As soon as Ford says that they are stopping production of the Falcon, Holden will pull the pin on the Commodore.
They were both great cars, but they are dinosaurs in today's world.

v8_mopar, Oct 19, 11:02am

wasser61, Oct 19, 11:06am
Oh yes a lot sooner than you think.

"It was clear from the teaser images that the new model will follow similar styling trends as the recently revealed Mondeo mid-size sedan and the upcoming Fiesta city car."
Have a look at the new Fusion
The new Fusion is only 100 mm shorter than the falcon.

v8_mopar, Oct 19, 11:11am
10cm big deal, really its about the rear wheel drive!

wasser61, Oct 19, 11:17am
No it is about Ford's future and Falcon does not appear in their 5 year plan, also the replacement Falcon will come in AWD and FWD.

chebry, Oct 19, 11:20am
Dude the Zephyrs got used up everybody bought one thrashed the crap out of it then bailed for something faster Falcons that survived have been babied stored rebuilt they simply were not around in the rural towns I grew up in. The XP was the first Falcon worth buying they toughened it up with Baby Fairlane/Mustang parts I had a XP Fairmont met blue white vinyl roof not much of a car reclining seats in front from memory tree shift auto no power braking or cornering ability but it did go.

chebry, Oct 19, 11:26am
The Mondeo is already a better car than the Falcon, The people who know about what is going on are quite excited about whats coming down the pike in the new Taurus this it not the lame ugly POS from last century no this is 21st century Ford and it looks good to them. Ford dealers are tired of moving Falcons around the lot you fullas might rabbit on about them but noone with money is interested.

chris_051, Oct 19, 1:41pm
The only reason why the Mondeo is more popular is due to the fact it has more 'features', you can buy them in hatch and wagon with diesel. No one is buying sedans anymore in large numbers no matter hoe small or efficient they are. And yep I'd take the falcon over the Mondeo everytime, especially when the warranty runs out. As for falcon and commodore sales, they are a fraction of what they were 5 to 10 years ago. Maxima and V6 Accord even worse. Times change, people want small hatches and SUVs.

chris_051, Oct 19, 1:41pm
The only reason why the Mondeo is more popular is due to the fact it has more 'features', you can buy them in hatch and wagon with diesel. No one is buying sedans anymore in large numbers no matter hoe small or efficient they are. And yep I'd take the falcon over the Mondeo everytime, especially when the warranty runs out. A good drive up the country will confirm this not being afuckwit desk jockey motoring journo taking it for a ride around the city. As for falcon and commodore sales, they are a fraction of what they were 5 to 10 years ago. Maxima and V6 Accord even worse. Times change, people want small hatches and SUVs.

chebry, Oct 19, 1:52pm
Having driven a recent Mondeo they are quite a capable car The diesel is the best to get superior performance and economy than the petrol The diesel has a full Peugeot powertrain and goes like a good diesel should something VW and Fiat could learn from but refuse, BMW know how to make a FWD diesel car yep Just phone Peugeot and voila 1 diesel MINI oh you thought BMW does diesel well they're learning but they aint there yet. A Falcon sorry not as a wart on my arse too slow on KIWI roads they corner like a bag of s**t nah.

splinter67, Oct 19, 7:43pm
yup ford are slow learners

splinter67, Oct 19, 7:47pm
and 4 cylinder hahahahahahahaha

splinter67, Oct 19, 7:52pm
looks like all the other new cars

clark20, Oct 19, 10:31pm
Yes, all are changing with demand. I see in the next 5-10 years that high performance will be 2.5L turbos with 300kw, 2L turbos for 225kw and 1.6l turbos with 175Kw, and then the economy special 1.4L turbo with 130kw, so all is not lost. We will still have the power and better economy. Look at the Audi RS3 with 250Kw and 4.8s to 100km/hr. Falcon should have used 2.5 Turbo.

hfc2, Oct 19, 11:20pm
with holden being the only exception i suppose.