Commodore to be axed?

Page 2 / 3
splinter67, Oct 19, 11:26pm
no they all look the same holden included go back to the 60s or 70 s when cars had style

chris_051, Oct 20, 1:13am
The 6 spd auto diesel Mondeo nearly put me to sleep dunno what it's like with the new semi auto, either way I'd say the new Ecoboost Mondeo, same engine as falcon just detuned will shit all over the diesel. As for falcon handling bad, compared to what, can't beat big Aussie cars for long distance driving and long term reliability and they steer better than any bland larger car too. Good luck with your diesel Mondeo in 10 years time after slack nz attitude to repairs and maintenance take it's toll.

chris_051, Oct 20, 1:13am
The 6 spd auto diesel Mondeo nearly put me to sleep dunno what it's like with the new semi auto, either way I'd say the new Ecoboost Mondeo, same engine as falcon just detuned will shit all over the diesel. As for falcon handling bad, compared to what, can't beat big Aussie cars for long distance driving and long term reliability and they steer better than any
bland larger fwd car too. Good luck with your diesel Mondeo in 10 years time after slack nz attitude to repairs and maintenance take it's toll.

wasser61, Oct 20, 1:52am
And the issue is what, if you consider that GM have to use technology from the 50's and 6 litres of capacity to get what the Europeans are doing with 3 litres.

unbeatabull, Oct 20, 2:18am
Have you driven the ecoboost 2l! Side by side, it just loses to the XR6 over a 1/4 mile . is quicker to about 3rd gear then the torque of the 6 beats it . if they went with a 2.5 it would end up beating the XR6! And destroy the reason it was made for in the first place, as a car under the 2L limit that 99% of lease companies have.

clark20, Oct 20, 4:17am
yeah, it a real winner at the moment, It needed to be better

unbeatabull, Oct 20, 4:45am
We have actually sold a lot of them.

vtecintegra, Oct 20, 4:50am
GM has a European division too remember

1ollie, Oct 20, 5:14am
Finally some good news from Holden! It is probably the best news since they decided to use the only good motors Holden have ever used in any car to date for the VL 6 cylinder cars.

clark20, Oct 20, 5:19am
Ford Falcon, 15th in sales in Australia for August, less than 1/2 of Commodores. Yes, quite a lot.

unbeatabull, Oct 20, 5:20am
Im sorry, I didn't realise New Zealand sales and Australian sales were the same.

xpfairmont, Oct 20, 8:40am
Ford built race cars before Holden, if fact have Holden ever done a special build like the HO's.

Also don't forget that Holden used to assemble Model T Ford's before any Holden badged car was made, but lost the contract due to piss poor quality.

and as for the new sh*t that the both make, it's exactly that, sh*t!

I would buy neither new.

clark20, Oct 20, 9:33am
Sorry, I will type slower for you. I was referring to all their sales in both countries.

splinter67, Oct 20, 8:26pm
what dose that tell ya your xr6s are slow

chebry, Oct 20, 8:35pm
When Ford built their top of the range Mondeo they also put the top of the range performance engine in it The DIESEL not the ecoturd petrol 4that will be fitted to the falcon

chebry, Oct 20, 8:42pm
You are the only one who has done that in NZ quite an achievement for a car yet to be released but hardly usefull in Aussie where you can spend days in a car just stopping for fuel every 6-8 hours. Real obvious you havent driven an Aussie car in its home environment.

unbeatabull, Oct 20, 9:45pm
Lol what!! The Ecoboost Falcon & Mondeo's have been out in NZ for about 6 months now, and the Focus RS with the Tuned up Ecoboost engine (same eng as the Falcon but more power) is available on order.

And no, I haven't driven them in Australia, cause believe it or not, I don't live in Australia! Do you even understand the principle that the ecoboost Falcon was made for!

unbeatabull, Oct 20, 9:46pm
Lol. Cause the Commodore V6 is so much more powerful right!

pebbles61, Oct 20, 9:51pm
Is like watching 2 people argue over which is better between a Morris 1300 and a Austin 1300 lol

chebry, Oct 20, 10:09pm
Holdens were a saddlery company that began building car bodies for all makes before becoming part of GM Piss poor quality now is the reason Henry set up shop in Geelong eh well thats rich Ford built a race car before Holden probably Henry Ford built 3 race cars before he built any road cars so what Its quite obvious you know very little about either company and your childlike remarks show that.New Dinky toys arent much good no

chebry, Oct 20, 10:13pm
Ford NZ tried to get the Taxi industry to but ecosnot Falcons but Toyota blew them outa the market Ha Ha Yes Id believe youve no idea of the real use for a Aussie car its farkin obvious youve never driven in Aussie traffic or its open roads

xpfairmont, Oct 20, 10:14pm
You can't even write! lol

unbeatabull, Oct 20, 10:17pm
No, you've completely missed what the Ecoboost Falcon was released for.

And again, I don't live in Australia, we are not talking about the Australian Market here, Idk why you keep going back to it!

clark20, Oct 20, 11:20pm
The Ecoboost Falcon was released so Ford could show fuel savings in order to get the Government grant (like Holden did with the 3.0L)

unbeatabull, Oct 20, 11:26pm
Partly. Main reason it was released in NZ was because the main sales for new cars for most manufacturer's is lease & rental companies. Most lease companies now have a 2L engine size limit which cost a lot of sales to Falcon. But a lot have jumped in on the EcoBoost and it looks to be improving which has really boosted Falcon sales.