Commodore to be axed?

Page 3 / 3
splinter67, Oct 20, 11:31pm
wonder how many will be sold again because nobody wants them

unbeatabull, Oct 20, 11:33pm
Any proof for that!

splinter67, Oct 20, 11:34pm
not yet but it wont be long the lease companies might be buying them but what happens when they cant lease them

1ollie, Oct 20, 11:39pm
Hahaha nah man they are not that good more like whats better between a Reliant Robin and a Citroen 2CV

splinter67, Oct 20, 11:41pm
as long as my side can have the 2cv the other thing is a kids trike on steroids lol

pebbles61, Oct 20, 11:58pm
Yea but those two cars are different lol

chris_051, Oct 21, 2:17am
Not quite when the current Mondeo came out it was topped out with the XR5 5 cylinder turbo from Volvo now used in the Kuga, even the standard 2.3 petrol shat all over the diesel as far as performance goes. Now the ecoboiost is the range topper, the only thing the diesel has over it is economy, but take road users and R&M into consideration then the petrol is a no brainer.
I can't see where you get your assumptions from with ecoboost (after all, more torque and quicker than a new sisi SV6),, whether you like it or not it is the future of car engines, and these new small capacity direct injected turbopetrols coming out of europe are making diesels redundant. Or maybe you know nsomething that the euro manufacturers don't!

clark20, Oct 21, 4:46am
When I was a rep 2.0L meant 2.0L , not 2.0L turbo. Just how well are they selling, beating the Commodore!

sandndude, Oct 21, 7:30pm
The last Commodore model is going to be the VD.

chebry, Oct 21, 8:48pm
GMs European divisions built the fastest 4door ever quicker than any hairdryer ford over 20 years ago

chebry, Oct 21, 8:52pm
Yes if you have no brains you buy the Petrol Top of the range Mondeo is the Titanium with only Diesel by the way one Mondeo we cant get has the Jag/Peugeot diesel 2.2 that makes falcons look slow

unbeatabull, Oct 21, 11:13pm
Previous model Mondeo, yes the Turbo Diesel was the top of the range model in NZ (XR5 Turbo was dropped before the model finished). The current model, has the ecoboost falcon engine as its top of the range model.

chris_051, Oct 22, 12:37am
What Falcon. a 3 speed auto XF. Just had a look at the 2.2 Jag XF, 0-100 mid 8 seconds, ecoboost Falcon 6.9 seconds by NZ Autocar, just another one of your wild claims, put your money where your mouth is and buy a diesel out of warranty kitted out with DPD, SCR, with the typical kiwi service history of the first service if you're lucky. Sorry these new diesels are going to be a killer for those wanting an economical 3 year old bargain especially if strict service intervals and specifications aren't adhered to. Fords line up in the US, Europe and Aus over the next few years will mostly consist of ecoboost power because they know they are onto a winner, much like Audi/VW and BMW.

3tomany, Oct 23, 9:08pm
looks like falcon production is safe for now and possibly beyond 2016, the commie could be the first to go. http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/18C79E108483CBDBCA257A9E007EDCE8 i wonder what a craptiva supercar is going to go like lol

splinter67, Oct 23, 9:40pm
jeeze you ford supporters are slow did you not read your own link here is a cut and paste
It will be the last major overhaul the vehicle receives before moving to an all-new global platform later this decade, which will likely herald a V6 petrol powertrain and a shift to a front-wheel-drive layout.

fwd wow and a v6 oh and ya dont know about coft yet do ya come on dude keep up with the play

3tomany, Oct 23, 10:23pm
i read it and yes i do know this is the last overhall for the current falcon but this refresh could take it beyond 2016

splinter67, Oct 23, 10:28pm
could thats the word not will. We will see in 4 years time

3tomany, Oct 23, 10:35pm
thing is i am not concerned with what ford replaces the falcon with bcause if i dont like it i dont have to buy it, but in the meentime it looks like i will get a couple of new falcons yet before its demise

splinter67, Oct 23, 11:27pm
good call problem is I dont like the latest comodore never mind I will stick with the chevy

chebry, Oct 24, 5:03am
Best get buying then befors Ford gives up altogether, Slow sales is whats killing the Falcon noone wants one

strobo, Oct 24, 6:01am

wrong2, Oct 24, 6:34am
technology praisers like chebry dont think long term

their anser is to "buy another one"

unbeatabull, Oct 24, 6:44am
For those in the know (and I am - since I work for Ford!) The global platform being used for the future Falcon will be a AWD Falcon with a Turbo V6, and a V8 Option for the FPV. That's what is being tested at this stage anyway.

wrong2, Oct 24, 6:45am
hopefully it will be a proper V8 like the Nissan & Toyota 302's & 350's