Pressure washing

don1751, Oct 19, 2:39am
Is it ok to wash cars with a pressure washer or does it damage the paint. I see them used at car washers but have been told they ruin your paint. The washer I own is rated at 1450 psi so is not that powerful.

n1smo_gtir, Oct 19, 2:55am
I water blast my car With a water blaster n never had issues. Try it on in small inconspicuous area first. Or just stand further away.

gunhand, Oct 19, 3:13am
I don't think it will ruin your paint as such, look at what your paint goes through every day. However if you have a chip or peeling paint somewhere the pressure may well cause it to spread in a very unwanted way. If the paintwork is not adhered to the surface correctly a water blaster at close range may just ruin your day. Have it on a wide spread and stand back abit and all should be good.

lookoutas, Oct 19, 4:38am
Whenever I waterblasted my cars back in the days when they got covered in mud every day, I noticed a drop in shine. A sponge wash with a wax detergent was a quick fix, other than a polish.
My mate does a Rural mail run, so he needs to blast his ute almost every day, and that thing has not got a shine, and he wondered why until I told him.
In both cases, time was always of the essence, so a quick blast was it.

shane191, Oct 19, 8:18am
it would have to be very poor paint for 1450psi to damage it. also waterblasters don't make a good job of washing car, still needto brush it as well.