So I'm going to sell my Holden

Page 2 / 3
robotnik, Oct 16, 9:44pm
You want the Colt Ralliart version R. It is a turbocharges hot hatch that will dust your old Commie.

curiouscat, Oct 16, 9:46pm
second hand, up to $8500maybe $9000
Do you know much about CVT transmissions!

splinter67, Oct 16, 9:50pm
No sorry nothing at all but if you like your commodore what about lpg

splinter67, Oct 16, 9:52pm
Not reading what the op wants are you

lazzo, Oct 17, 12:04am
I've had one of these, and whilst it was super fun and friggin fast for a little car, it's definitely not what OP is looking for.

trader_84, Oct 17, 12:15am
Which way do you travel . Milson or Stoneycreek/Tutaki! We live just outta PN on the Feilding side . you don't need a big car for that commute. Thousands do it a day in alsorts.

curiouscat, Oct 17, 1:49am
Oh no i don't need to commute between palmy and feilding, i would only travel there to visit my sister :)
II just want a smaller car that,s cheaper on gas around town.

slarty45, Oct 17, 2:28am
that is what the vw/fiat salesman usually does

splinter67, Oct 17, 2:31am
Yup him and many others

berg, Oct 17, 5:24am
A vote here for the Swift if manual and a Sport. Have almost 140,000kms on ours and its been fantastic. 6.4ltrs per 100kms average, 80,000kms plus out of tyres, discs all round and pads nowhere near worn yet, great seats, good stereo etc. Will be buying a new 6 speed one next year

marazion, Oct 17, 5:41am
I have just sold my SS commodore and bought an 1.8 Toyota Corolla, absolutely love it and plenty of room for my hubbies wheelchair. would not touch mitsi for all the tea in china and not allowed a ford in the driveway lol

magicmat, Oct 17, 6:37am
Oh wow. I dont think I could live with a Corolla after an SS commie! Each to their own though.

trish441, Oct 17, 7:03am
We have 2 XR6's and i thought i would downgrade mine for travelling to work.Anyway i ended up getting a Subaru B4.Lovely car but trouble was it wasnt a Falcon.Theres no leg room etc.So i ended up selling the B4 and getting a SS Commodore!Now we have 2 Falcons and 1 Holden lol.But seriously if you are used to plenty of space and leg room you probably wont be happy with a smaller car its like you need to unfold yourself to get outta them lol.

magicmat, Oct 17, 7:10am
Lol. totally know what you mean! I feel like I am in a clown car in anything less than a Commie (I love Holdens) or I would accept a Coon too as they are great, if very basic, cars made for people over 6foot like myself.

Though we are looking at getting a little ladies car for the Mrs and to reduce our gas bill as the V8 is painfully thirsty. However, I could never be without the big cruiser in our lives.

trish441, Oct 17, 7:26am
The first car we owned was a Ford Zodiac Mk4.Then we got a VC Valiant as a second car.Man they were like driving a tank down the road, those steering wheels are huge lol.But if you learn to parrallel park in those you can parrallel park anything.Ahh those were the days :)

trogedon, Oct 17, 9:57am
I'm over '6. There is good head / leg room in lots of smaller cars these days and they're not big, wallowing, gaz guzzling slugs either.

supernova2, Oct 17, 10:00am
What about a Kia or Hy and dri!

inkapuka, Oct 17, 7:16pm
If you tall go toyota spacio corolla

thejazzpianoma, Oct 17, 8:00pm
For your budget curiouscat you don't need to sentence yourself to something tin pot, cheesy and slow to get good economy.

You are knocking on the door of MK5 Golf/Audi A3 money, because of the much better technology engine and transmission you will get much the same economy as a 1.3 litre Japanese Auto out of VW's 2.0 DSG. (or 1.6, but the 2.0 is a much gruntier engine).

That's probably hard to get your head around but go and drive one and see, if you push the button on the end of the right hand steering wheel stalk you can set the "instant economy" and watch how economical they are for yourself.

Then you have a car that is still quite quick, very comfortable, well featured and safe. The Golf is propery decent on the open road too, this is what they use for German driving tests where they make new drivers do 200km/h down the autobahn.

splinter67, Oct 17, 8:05pm
Morning Jazz I thought the tread was a bit lopsided I like the audi idea

curiouscat, Oct 17, 10:37pm
I had thought about the european cars and have looked at the VW's but I have a hubby who will probably say parts etc will cost a fortune!Anyway I picked my Holden up this morning and I'm starting to wonder what I was thinking.how can I sell it I love it,omg its so much nicer to drive then the tin can (honda) the power the comfortable seats! I think I will tell hubby to shut his mouth next time he mentions selling it!

splinter67, Oct 17, 10:40pm
Good on you

tgray, Oct 18, 1:50am
I tell you what - Ask your V8 Holden driving husband what he thinks of you buying a VW Golf.
Please post his answer here!

magicmat, Oct 18, 3:45am
I would not exactly call my car a wallowing slug, its far from sluggish. Gasguzzler, absolutely but its no slug.

curiouscat, Oct 18, 7:53am
LOL,I can hear him now. It's all good now anyway IM NOT SELLING MY BABY!I love my car too much :)