So I'm going to sell my Holden

Page 1 / 3
curiouscat, Oct 16, 9:37am
V6 berlina and buy something smaller and cheaper to run, hubby has a SS V8 manual so don't really need 2 commys, I've been looking at Mitsubishi colts.It will really only be used for town driving to work, kindy etc. maybe over to Feilding from PN . Advice please.

chebry, Oct 16, 9:46am
You'll hate it

edangus, Oct 16, 9:48am
Seconded

3tomany, Oct 16, 9:50am
im a ford guy but have to agree just keep it

sw20, Oct 16, 9:54am
Take a few for a run. If you really like one, see if you can have it over night from the dealer. It will be a totally different car to the Commodore.

edangus, Oct 16, 9:57am
I actually like the current Colts, but only for urban areas, stuff open road driving, especially when coming down from a 6cyl.

curiouscat, Oct 16, 10:00am
Im currently driving a 1.3ltr auto 97 honda civic 2 door, my holden is at hubbys work waiting to have paint work sorted out. I don't hate it but don't love it either. daughter will be buying it after i'm finished with it.Why do you say i will hate the mitzi!

curiouscat, Oct 16, 10:02am
I wouldn't be driving on open road with the colt maybe to feilding which is like a 10min drive from Palmy. I would drive the v8 out of town.

edangus, Oct 16, 10:05am
Go for the Ralliart version if you are really keen. It is more fun. Seeing as you have been getting used to the handling change and the power downgrade, maybe you wont hate it. But the Turbo Ralliart is the better option.

curiouscat, Oct 16, 10:08am
Oh yeah i looked at those models and the plus.What about Suzuki swifts any thoughts!

edangus, Oct 16, 10:10am
Nice, but entry/exit is trickier for me (Big Fella) Probably a better build, but not right for me.

rsr72, Oct 16, 10:11am
- Holden Volt,
and at only twice the USA price.

lazzo, Oct 16, 1:04pm
I've driven Mitsubishi Colts extensively on long and short trips and think they're a fantastic little car, excellent value for money, super reliable and a real fuel miser. I shouldn't think you would regret getting a Colt, ideal for your situation, don't look at the Ralliart Turbo, you don't need it.

curiouscat, Oct 16, 6:45pm
I guess some people either like them or hate them,I want a smaller car but I need something with a decent boot so I can put a stroller in it. What is the boot like as I have only viewed the Colt on Trade me so far!

ct9a, Oct 16, 7:50pm
you will love the non boat soft wandery ride,and not having cheap tacky plasticy dash that feels like everythings going to break,firmer seats etc. better economy and how much better it would be around town.

fordcrzy, Oct 16, 7:56pm
if you want a newer small hatch with reasonable boot space then look at a 2006 ish ford fiesta. they are great on the open road and have a much bigger boot than the suzuki swifts which is pathetic. The mitsi colts are awful. they have all the driving dynamics of a wet cardboard box.The new shape demio's are great too and are a bit better on gas than the fiesta but not as powerful. both the mazda 2/demio and fiesta have the best road manners in that group

smac, Oct 16, 8:00pm
I driven one, hated it. Was like driving a car made of egg shells. Heard every little noise, felt every little bump, nearly got flipped by a cross wind. But drive one, you may like them *shrug*.

splinter67, Oct 16, 8:03pm
Hmmm Holden people buying a ford ha next youll be telling them to buy a vw or a lada

smac, Oct 16, 8:06pm
SO you'd recommend the current Barina over the Fiesta then!

splinter67, Oct 16, 8:25pm
No but I wouldn't recommend one to you either because your a ford\mini person

smac, Oct 16, 8:46pm
I wouldn't label myself as a Ford person actually, I just happen to own one. A mini person, yes.

So what you recommend to the OP!

curiouscat, Oct 16, 8:52pm
Heres a list of what Ive had in mind.
Mitzi Colt
Honda Fit
Suzuki swift
Dare I say it Ford fiesta (Ahem) I like the shape
Holden Barina
And whats the fuss with CVT!

chebry, Oct 16, 8:52pm
Funny thing about those 2 brands When the Mini first appeared in 1959 one of the early customers was Ford Motor Company, they bought one to size up the competition to the soon to be released Anglia. Any hoo they took their prize back to Daggenham and analyzed it, they pulled it apart and noted all its faults both obvious, potential, designed and assembly faultsthen reassembled it themselves properly and decided there wasnt any money in it and carried on with the Anglia which was a much better car for similar money and it had one other huge advantage back then mechanics could understand it and fix it.

smac, Oct 16, 8:58pm
A shame. Ford business nouce combined with the mini might have got somewhere further than the paltry 5mill they made. What a flop.

splinter67, Oct 16, 9:33pm
That depends on how much they want to spend! and whether they want new or second hand better to get all the info before going off half cocked like most on here