Its O.K Toyota.

Page 1 / 2
thejazzpianoma, Oct 14, 5:32am
I think there are still plenty of people around stupid enough to buy one. Plus, the free cat wallpaper definitely has to help.

(In response to the release of the embarrassingly out of date "New" Corolla)

ralphdog1, Oct 14, 5:34am
So we have moved from expounding the positives of Euro's to spouting on the negatives of Toyota.

You a bit bored Jazz!

snoopy221, Oct 14, 5:36am
I think there are still plenty of people around stupid enough to buy one

aye.arrrr
ya know if ya search **multiplia**
and ya search *corolla*

ya KNOW-LOL

thejazzpianoma, Oct 14, 5:37am
Yeah, I am a bit!
Seriously though, I actually feel a little bit bad for them they are so far behind the game now. I think it will take a lot to put off most of the brand loyalists though, most of which won't even realise what they are missing out on.

thejazzpianoma, Oct 14, 5:39am
LOL, you're starting early, don't forget its a work day tomorrow. Labour weekends next weekend!

pebbles61, Oct 14, 5:40am
As much as I dislike 'Toyota tax' in NZ, I don't anything againt Toyotas in general, they just the same to any other Japanese to me.

ralphdog1, Oct 14, 5:41am
You feel bad for them!
That sounds like compassion for a Jap car maker. You need an intervention Jazz, I am becoming worried for you.

snoopy221, Oct 14, 5:41am
C'mon jazz we expect better things from you here

thejazzpianoma, Oct 14, 5:42am
LOL, what can I say, I tend to cringe when anyone embarrass's themselves publicly.

I have to go for a bit now. will pop back and see how the pots bubbling later on.

snoopy221, Oct 14, 5:43am
Mind you if multipla"s DID mulitplia dere moit be a few to buy aye!
Geez what's the ratio of multipla's to corollas!
How many listings!
How much FACT as against think!
mmmmmmmm

msigg, Oct 14, 5:44am
The new corolla is a nice looking car, no doubt they will be in the number 1 sales spot again, they are our world. House hold name, Most reliable car of the decade, with camry second, thats a very good record. Thats why everybody trusts them, and they hold their prices. Excellent.

extrayda, Oct 14, 9:36am
Did you notice the sort of people VW imply want to buy a Golf though ;-)
I would admit that when the Toyota ad made some reference to excitement or the drive I smiled a bit.I like Toyota's but most aren't that exciting - that new 86(!) looks hot though I reckon.Perhaps a Lexus V8 might slot in.

intrade, Oct 14, 9:43am
here one doing atoyota enema
http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=Fw2r_lIRgpY

sw20, Oct 14, 9:45am
Toyota tax is a two way street. When you go to sell, you get good money.

steve56467, Oct 14, 9:52am
The 86 is hot because it's a subaru. Kind of. Although I was a wee bit disappointed when I saw one in the metal. One day jazz will be tired of the constant niggles from eurotrash cars, til then we'll continue having our ears bashed lol

pebbles61, Oct 14, 9:52am
Good point, but some prices I have seen for some Toyota's seem a bit steep to me, like $4k+ for a 1990 era rolla! I could get a good car like a mini or 1300 for that money!

jmma, Oct 14, 9:54am
Might even get a Maxi for that money (o:

pebbles61, Oct 14, 9:56am
Exactly! my mate just got one actually, such a sweet car. I'm jealous of his 5th gear.

sw20, Oct 14, 10:00am
I've rented a new Corolla, well the 2012 model a handful of times when I went to Auckland. I much prefer my AE82. Its a much more direct feel when driving, and the 4AGE is a much nicer motor to pedal, plus mine has lovely leather seats from the factory ;) The newer one feels like its going to roll over if you turned too quickly. My mum and dad like them though, easy to get in and out of and you sit up high.

steve56467, Oct 14, 10:07am
And thats just it isn't sw20! Who is the usual buyer of a brand new corolla!

pollymay, Oct 14, 11:55am
The 4age has a flatspot from 0 to 8000rpm

savanna71, Oct 14, 5:53pm
I dont think they care Jazz, how much more market share do they enjoy compared to VW. at last look toyota had 26% of the market, VW had slipped 1% down to 3.5%

Who needs to feel bad for who!

ryanm2, Oct 14, 5:53pm
it may look ok that new 86 / BZR - hopefully though Toyota/Subaru resolve the engine mapping software quickly.

sw20, Oct 14, 8:07pm
Could be worse, could be a 3VZ-FE.

thejazzpianoma, Oct 14, 8:19pm
LOL, only in NZ land of the knuckle draggers. which I suspect doesn't even feature as a blip on Toyota's radar.

VW has been neck and neck with Toyota internationally for sales for some time. That's sort of the point, I was expecting something pretty impressive from Toyota given the new Golf is around the corner, but instead they haven't even caught up to where VW was in 2004.

Its going to be very interesting to see just how long they can trade on reputation, they have managed a lot longer than I expected so far, so who knows!