2 stroke problem

nicolerose, Oct 11, 4:57am
300 cc ktm
i take the plug out clean it put it back start it runs for a few seconds then it dies and i cant start it again i do it again and again still the same thing what do you think

curlcrown, Oct 11, 4:58am
Spark plug fault, cantaminated fuel,

snork28, Oct 11, 5:01am
loosen fuel cap a bit

mechnificent, Oct 11, 5:06am
Old fuel, wrong mix, crook plug. check those first.

r15, Oct 11, 5:37am
quite likely a crank seal, and therefore a crankcase full of transmission oil if it's 'just started doing it'

budgel, Oct 11, 10:14pm
Make sure your exhaust is clear of carbon or mason bees.

rakaia40, Oct 12, 9:15am
more info on your bike be good wot oil to fuel ratio an how long since rings or pistons. when you take the plug out can you see carbon in the gap. an how long have you had this beast

kaymay88, Oct 12, 10:00am
put a new plug in it. the difference between a 'cleaned' and a new plug is often astronomical.

Put a new plug in and I bet your problem disappears.

fryan1962, Oct 12, 10:05am
sounds like fuel blockage to me.clean carby

jgig23, Oct 12, 2:49pm
whats the plug like when you take it out! Wet, dry, black and sooty!

r15, Oct 12, 6:55pm
fixed that crank seal yet!

skull, Oct 12, 7:35pm
#1 is outside kicking the start lever and has no time at all to come back to the keyboard and answer our relevant questions or take any helpful advice, can't you all see he's BUSY!

dejer, Oct 12, 8:43pm
Nasty fine vibration in my Rover sd1 v8 very hard to diagnose. Drive chain is all good, vibration is constant, even when standing still. Worse at some revs than others - can be felt through steering wheel and gear lever. Engine runs sweet. So, Could it be Flywheel out of balance!Vibration damper!, crank pulley!, alternator!, crankshaft!, bent con rod even! (injector hydraulicking can do that so I'm told) Where do I start looking! Any tips out there!

mantagsi, Oct 12, 9:37pm
+1, ah fond memories of those poxy bees, took me a while to figure out to check the exhaust, busy little buggers don't waste time clogging up the works!