Mazda b2200 f8 2.2l water presure problem?

fred742, Oct 19, 11:34am
Hi
I have a mazda b2200 f8 2.2l 12 valve soch engine and am having a problem with the water.

I have changed the head gasket, inlet gasket and thermostate and still have a problem with the presure build up in the radiator. have a slight leak in the inlet manifold but think the gasket didnt seal properly, going to glue the gasket up tomorow and see what happens.
All i can think of now is the water pump! any ideas would be much appretiated!

thanks

pettal, Oct 19, 6:10pm
radiator could be blocked , also check the preasure capand that the hoses are in good order .

NZTools, Oct 19, 6:11pm
Did you have the headplaned and crack tested while it was off!

m16d, Oct 19, 8:04pm
Dog of a motor.always cracking heads.
Just bif the motor out and put something decent in it.

flack88, Oct 19, 9:51pm
Or an airlock,have you been driving it since the gasket done!did you prime the block when the thermostat out/!What sort of 'glue' are using!

budgel, Oct 19, 9:58pm
How quick is it pressurising!If almost immediately it will be from combustion.

Get a test done for combustion gases in the cooling system and go from there.If no gases, then radiator or waterpump.

Take your thermostat out, top up waterand run the engine with the radiator cap off,if water flowing, the water pump will be working. It should be noticeably faster when the engine is revved.

franc123, Oct 19, 10:19pm
You never ever refit those old Mazda heads without getting them crack and hardness tested and checked for warpage, they are prone to all three of those problems. Its usually the result of years of chugging around with blocked radiator tubes that weren't professionally cleaned out on time.