Battery Question?. I need a new battery is there a noticeable difference between 370cca and 330cca there are no big stereos etc

trogedon, Oct 22, 6:33am
I need a new battery. Is there a noticeable difference between 370CCA and 330CCA. There are no big stereos etc to run in the car - just starting and occasional AC.

gammelvind, Oct 22, 6:35am
Petrol or deisel engine, big or small!

audi_s_ate, Oct 22, 6:37am
Highly doubt it will make any difference. I replaced my old corona's battery recently and the newer one of lower capacity started it much better than the older tired one. If you do 99% town running it maybe better to go with the higher cca rating though.

wellyguynz, Oct 22, 6:55am
The 330cca will be fine unless its a diesil or a big v8, your battery is simply there for starting

trogedon, Oct 22, 6:59am
Thanks for your thoughts on this. Its just a 1500cc Sentra/Pulsar. The one that came out of it is a 370CCA whereas there is a 330CCA for sale near us.

midget8, Oct 23, 2:58am
Find out from auto sparky the correct battery for your vehicle-they should have a listing-namely the warranty is invalid if an incorrect one is fitted.Sounds OK for a 1500cc petrol tho.

trogedon, Oct 23, 4:41am
I got one this morning (for those of you who care.few though you may be.). It was a Trademe seller in West Auckland. The one I had won had small terminals but I needed big terminals so I ended up getting a 370 with big termals (Big terminals I know you're the one.). All is happy with my car apart from I broke the stay that bolts it down and paying for the registration.

ceebee2, Oct 23, 7:16am
Repco / Supercheap have replacements