Can unmarked cop cars.

Page 4 / 5
studio1, Oct 28, 9:40pm
HSV, I am interested in one (or two) of your drivecams. Do you have them available for sale yet!

hsv_senator1, Oct 28, 10:15pm
I have another lot on the way I will let you know then they arrive.

klrider, Oct 28, 11:28pm
Not as much as a radar detector and cam would im sure. That would make me feel like I knew everything it seems.

klrider, Oct 28, 11:28pm
Not as much as a radar detector and cam would im sure. That would make me feel like I knew everything it seems.Or maybe, just maybe your opinion here is all about touting your items for sale, now there is an objective opinion.right! Riggggggght.

klrider, Oct 28, 11:32pm
you dont get it do you, distance covered as tracked from above is only accurate if the distance is over a dead flat surface.

dlmckay, Oct 28, 11:38pm
I wish I had one of these when I got pinged for 69kph in a 50 zone.Which I would accept if I was actually doing 69kph.Or even 60.But I wasn't, I was doing 47.

It was over four years ago and I'm still spitting furious over it.Demerit points AND a $200 fine.I took it to court, showed how the road camber was such that it was impossible for the radar to have picked me up from where they said they got me.

I explained that my 700cc car had only just made it up to fourth gear with two adults and a child on board, having just pulled out of an intersection and barely travelled 300m before being pulled over.However, the court seemed to believe that screeching up to 69kph was do-able.

Totally sucks, I wasn't speeding, I don't speed (I've been knocked over by a car, so am fully aware of the dangers of speeding) and I was so gutted to hear police lie over something as trivial as a speeding fine.

Bastards IMO.Lying ones to boot.

marte, Oct 29, 3:05am
Nah, because if theres two lanes you have to use only the left hand lane.
The right hand lane is for overtaking (under 100KmH) & emergancy vehicles only.

marte, Oct 29, 3:09am
Passing lanes
When there are passing lanes, drive in the left-hand lane unless you are passing another vehicle.

chebry, Oct 29, 3:14am
You might want to be more accurate there which Aussie police each state has its own laws, NSW police have put up warning signs telling you a speed trap is operating, QLD the pigs do anything they feel like.

chebry, Oct 29, 3:17am
You dont know yer ass from a hole in the ground thats obvious OZ cops are expert at covering their arse you havent lived there have you!

spirogryo, Oct 29, 4:03am
Dont forget they get a kid to go and buy cigarettes,then nab the shop owner.Bloody disgracefull.Kid goes home and tells mum he helped catch a bad man.wants to be a police man
Get an old seat belt and let it hang out the bottom of the door.I was just seeing if you were awake officer.Tidy your selves up boys.

nightsky1, Oct 29, 4:08am
just pay ya fines and stop ya bleeting.
and remember to stay at school at least till you are 15 years old.

klrider, Oct 29, 6:41am
what a sad person you are. Police dont deal with that legislation, what drug fueled planet are you on!Been helping police with a few enquries have you! Watching a few re runs of Sons of Anarchy wishing younhad the t shirt!just sad.

raymond00001, Oct 29, 8:27am
And also the gps in most cars is only civilian grade with accuracy of plus and minus 20m etc so if it gets two bad readings in a row its not reliable for 100% speed calculation.
I'd be reluctant to use a gps device for defence as that opens the avenue for police to explore other data associated with that device like peak speeds recorded, average speeds etc. Bit like how they dont put a murder suspect on stand as the defence knows the cop will trick him into saying something stupid.
Unless your squeaky clean and its a major difference it could turn into an expensive court case.

next-car-ltd, Oct 29, 8:36am
I have to agree on the fudging of evidence.
Three of us were heading from Chch to Rotorua, approx 200km out of chch.
We saw a police car (marked highway patrol) pull out of a side st onto the highway.

We passed a truck that was traveling 50km in a 100 zone. Didn't exceed 100km
Approx 5km after that we came into a tempory 50km roadworks zone. Knowing full well there was a police car behind the truck we slowed to 52KM.
Next thing he pulled out and passed the truck in the 50k zone and pulled us over and accused us of traveling 106KM. He would not show us the speed on the radar. He didn't lock it and he assured us he didn't have to. He was very rude and swore a lot.
Totally full of sh*t. My friend lost his license on the spot for apparently been over the limit by 56KM. We recorded the entire event without his knowalge on two iPhones and proceeded to take the officer to court. We won and the officer was suspended from duty for a month. We also had all our travel costs for the three of us to fly to chch and back reembursed by order of the court.

n1smo_gtir, Oct 29, 9:20am
Cops in nz are corrupt as f**k. Doesn't help when your prime minister seems to suffer short term memory loss at the most convenient time to him and lie through his teeth. The only time he didn't lie was about selling nz assets.

dot com case was a shamble and so was the raid on the gang house with warrant for a fictacious name. The only good thing you can depend on the cop for is to ping you for whatever fills his quota. And no if my house got robbed I wouldn't call the cops, I will walk down to the station to get a complaint form filled out for insurance. It'll be a lot easier and quicker.

elect70, Oct 30, 3:33am
Put your hat on backwards first so hell know your seriousabout taking him on .Reapply for your car & licence back after a month .

n1smo_gtir, Oct 30, 4:00am
n bring a battery jump starter pack incase you stall on your way home, hahaha. Gt 30 days to save up to pay for tow n storage. Approx 350 all up there abouts.

morrisman1, Oct 30, 5:22am
No such thing as that now, its all the same data quality. They used to exclude the correction for atmospheric interference from the civilian band but now everyone gets it but the USA will degrade quality when they think the system could be used against them, ie like in a warzone.

As for GPS being accurate up hills or not, well its hard to say because it will depend on whether the GPS unit factors altitude into its speed calculation. Most likely it doesn't, which means that whenever you are traveling on a gradient it will read less. Because you get from one point on the triangle to the other, speedo will tell you real speed (if calibrated), but GPS will tell you speed based off the base of the triangle, which because is a lesser distance that you have travelled in the same time, it will read lower.

Altitude calculation is very inaccurate in GPS most of the time because the angles are not ideal for an accurate position fix.In our aircraft it can be several hundred feet out but normally within 100 feet.

footplate1, Oct 30, 5:38am
Slightly similar experience in Ohakune.Cop sitting right on my bumper - too close to even see the reg plate.I sat on 100k from outside town to middle of town.Then laid a complaint - which was never responded to.I like most cops - and have two nephews in the Force.But there are some dipsticks.As in any profession.

richardmayes, Oct 30, 9:08am
OMFG!

This one time, on T Straight,cop totally tried to get me to race.You could actually hear the welds on his intake starting to burst, but unfortunately for him my VTEC kicked in. as I passed him I called out the window "Too soon, Junior."

snoopy221, Oct 30, 9:12am
VTEC kicked in.

LMFAO.
YOG SUP!-

LOL

pebbles61, Oct 30, 9:54am
wtf is vtec!

nightboss, Oct 31, 7:01am
It is where the designers of the Lada got their qualifications.
Vladivostok Technical Institute, or VTEC as it is commonly known.
VTEC is common on cars that without this feature would be as appealing as Trabants.

spirogryo, Oct 31, 7:57am
OK DEAN.no need to be sarcky. I got this idea from reading the paper.Perhaps you can give me more information.