Can unmarked cop cars.

Page 3 / 5
hsv_senator1, Oct 28, 6:35am
i don't have a chip on my shoulder, I just think that they should be held accountable when they tell lies and fudge evidence like any member of the general public would be,nothing against the front line guys at all, but you would have to be a scumbag to want to get into highway patrol in the first place.

hsv_senator1, Oct 28, 6:38am
maybe you can answer this question as no body else on here can, their current Stalker radars have the ability to print out a date and time stamp along with the speed, why do you think they don't use that feature!

hsv_senator1, Oct 28, 6:39am
and if they are so upfront about speed enforcement why do they not use dash cams them selves! like the Australian Police do the public is also able to obtain the footage for a defended hearing in court if they disagree with the fine.

berg, Oct 28, 6:41am
How many of your so called "front line" cops are rotated through what used to be "highway patrol"! As for being a "scumbag" to want to be highway patrol, of the 60 or so highway patrol cops I deal with on a day to day basis there's only 1 I wouldn't trust . How aboutyou man up with how many highway patrol cops you know personally and or deal with on a daily basis.

berg, Oct 28, 6:43am
Currently being looked at but due to radio interference and NZs stupid PC laws regarding making recordings it still has a bit of work to go. Will be fantastic when its working though.

berg, Oct 28, 6:43am
Currently hopefully being looked at but due to radio interference and NZs stupid PC laws regarding making recordings it still has a bit of work to go. Will be fantastic when its working though.

berg, Oct 28, 6:45am
Wasn't aware it had that feature

hsv_senator1, Oct 28, 6:55am
please enlighten me on how radio interference affects a drive cam that records on to solid state media!

hsv_senator1, Oct 28, 6:56am
Wellington might be a different story, but i have to say in Canterbury i haven't met a nice highway patrol officer yet, most of them are self entitled above the law pricks.

hsv_senator1, Oct 28, 6:56am
Wellington might be a different story, but i have to say in Canterbury i haven't met a nice highway patrol officer yet.

hsv_senator1, Oct 28, 6:59am
they certainly do have that feature not that the highway patrol would want you to know that though as it would affect their revenue by a huge amount! of the 60 you deal with a day i wonder how many allow them selves to slip 4kph over the speed limit!

berg, Oct 28, 6:59am
Dunno, ask the folks who approve all electrical components in police vehicles.

hsv_senator1, Oct 28, 7:00am
sounds like bull to me mate, Australian police cars are mostly the same as ours (well the Commodores anyway all be it far more powerful versions but the same model year VE) and they all have cameras, i know this as i spend a bit of time over the Tasman.

berg, Oct 28, 7:09am
Yep, and in Aus they are allowed V8s which NZ isn't, they have better laws regarding the processing of drunk drivers, just highlighted in the media in NZ currently, they carry guns, NZ doesn't normally, they have different laws regarding filming etc than NZ,,,,,,,,,guess what! NZ isn't Australia. Things are done differently here.

hsv_senator1, Oct 28, 7:12am
at least they cant cover their own arses like they do here all the time.

berg, Oct 28, 7:17am
And again I ask, how do you know they cover their own arses "all the time"! Do you work with them or meet them "all the time" or something or are you just a sucker for hearsay and conjecture! To "know all about what highway patrol do surely you must be one!

hsv_senator1, Oct 28, 7:28am
no I don't meet them all the time but i am building up a photo album of them sitting on passing lanes operating against their own policy.

klrider, Oct 28, 8:03am
What a hoot. You cant even see the irony in your own post can you!A law unto themselves! And you with a radar detector and drive cam!So you can be a law unto yourself! I bet you have your name as a personalised plate.knob.

klrider, Oct 28, 8:12am
All the fancy cut and paste words you use wont help any GPS be accurate to real time, especially on any gradient. Good try though.

hsv_senator1, Oct 28, 8:20am
gradient has nothing to do with GPS accuracy in case you didn't know satellites orbit the earth in space, lets see how accurate a radar is on any sort of angle shall we! you need a course in GPS operation, elevation is automatically taken into account.

hsv_senator1, Oct 28, 8:20am
wow does name calling make you feel like a big man!

hsv_senator1, Oct 28, 8:21am
do you really think i could be bothered typing all that my self! and please describe "accurate to real time" GPS only has to be accurate to distance covered in a certain amount of time.

martin11, Oct 28, 5:45pm
Hills , Trees, location of the antenna ,number of satalites available all affect the gps and their internal clock systems

martin11, Oct 28, 5:51pm
The cameras are not affected by radio interference ,they record direct to a card and they are used to prove what was said and when , not for recording the speed , These are already in use in NZ by many companies

pauldw, Oct 28, 6:22pm
Maybe it's interference FROM the camera affecting the radar.