Vauxhall chevette problem.

Page 2 / 2
cowlover, Oct 31, 12:24pm
Whats the bet you cant get the engine out in 5 minutes!

bigmacca, Oct 31, 5:26pm
lol 5min to pull a shovette engine.pass the tui bro.ive had 3 shovettes and it still takes me 45mins going flatout to pull an engine out.

mechnificent, Oct 31, 11:48pm
And from a guy that couldn't figure what was wrong with it either.

supernova2, Nov 1, 5:28am
Still got me beat how removing the complete engine will fix the exhaust leak.Never seen a shoveit front pipe rust out but i guess there is always a first time.

As for 5mins maybe thats the time on the chain after its all disconnected and rerady to pull.

ema1, Nov 1, 10:05am
By taking the head off you would have disconnected the exhaust front pipe and removed head with exhaust manifold still attached I assume, that done I'd suggest removing the exhaust manifold check to see where /if the manifold gasket has signs of exhaust leakage and check the manifold itself for cracks or other damage possibly causing a leak ( possibly due to loose or missing manifold bolts/nuts) and replace the exhaust manifold gasket after checking the surface of the manifold for level/true flatness.
The only other place/joint that could leak up front on those Viva/Chevette 1256cc engines is the front pipe flange joint, check the front pipe condition and replace it if it is defective or the pipe itself has any holes in it, not a big cost to replace a front pipe at all.
Doesn't make sense removing engine to find an exhaust leak, but just on the exhaust leak subject check out the rest of the exhaust system for condition and repair/replace as necessarysimple.Suggest also replace water pump as a matter of course and have the radiator serviced PROPERLY as in core cleaned out or possibly replaced at least with a good radiator! Good luck sounds like you are making progress.

next-to-normal, Nov 1, 6:44pm
get some motorup

brapbrappy, Nov 2, 3:47am
You took it to an engine shop and told them to "sort it" -You win lotto or something.

chebry, Nov 2, 6:22am
Vivas in some models had porous inlet manidolds which can lead to piston melting, not much to em but it all goes wrong