Large sedan suggestions please?

narla6, Nov 3, 7:11am
Currently have a ba xr6 and wanting to upgrade but thinking away from ford this time, any suggestions i have two kids and one on the way so need room. but not going people mover or van or anything like that!

mugenb20b, Nov 3, 7:26am
NIssan Maxima / Teana, V6 Honda Accord, Holden Calais.

neville48, Nov 3, 8:17am
you have problems with the Ba !

pollymay, Nov 3, 8:50am
Maxima is a nice car to drive. But I'm bias cause I have one, I'd like a newer falcon though. The VE dunnydore I'm eh on except the 8's which are neat. Accords are good to.

The touring versions of the BMWs are neat but unless you know how to use a spanner then best run away and run far.

lazzo, Nov 3, 9:07am
Better the devil you know. Buy an FG XR6.

Otherwise your only other options are:
Toyota Aurion (not bad in Sportivo, the rest are dull and boring)
Nissan Maxima (fantastic if you wear corduroys and a beige cardigan)
Holden Commodore (SV6 looks good but crap build quality)
Honda Accord V6 (lovely build quality but a bit bowling club)

00quattro00, Nov 3, 9:09am
How much are you wanting to spend, the audi a6 is a nice car and comes with a variety of engines from 4cyl thru to a v10

narla6, Nov 3, 10:03am
lol, think you have hit the nail on the head here.

franc123, Nov 3, 10:35am
Go and drive an FG first before deciding to abandon the blue oval, its an impressive piece of equipment, otherwise like said above the options menu is a bit limited and lifeless. Everyone who tests out the six speed auto in those (or BF's so equipped for that matter) doesn't want to hand it back. Also if lugging a heavy trailer is ever going to be required getting a Falcon is a no brainer.

greateft, Nov 3, 11:41am
I'd give positive reviews to both the Maxima and the Aurion, mate's had them as company cars and I've borrowed them on the odd weekend, Roomy, powerful, reliable, safe - and in the case of the Maxima (3.5L CVT), surprisingly fuel-efficient. The Maxima's probably better value for money, the Aurion (even the Touring) is a better drive, just. Sad to say Holden haven't made much worth driving in recent years, can't wait for that to change as it eventually will. Accord V6 is a civilised but painfully boring drive (I've only driven twice, mind, so that probably isn't the most considered opinion). Be nice to be car shopping right now.

thunderbolt, Nov 3, 7:10pm
I am about to replace my FG XR6 after 4 yrs of trouble free motoring with a Terri because I need more room.
Very tempted to get another XR though, newer model has some nice updates.
Current car has towed everything with ease, ZF 6 speed is a great box.

budgel, Nov 3, 8:23pm
Check out a BMW 740i,great interior, a pleasure to drive and plenty of go while not being a performance car.

kazbanz, Nov 3, 9:56pm
Have a look at the Toyota markX 3.0l -very nice bit of kit