Should have bought a Holden

Page 1 / 2
jojo76, Nov 11, 2:30am
lol, my husband will kill me for saying that!
Our 2006 Ford XR6 with only 50000km on the clock (bought it 7 months ago) is in the garage at the moment as it has a buggered inlet manifold gasket, did'n think a car of that milage would have an issue like that.is it a common thing!
Been a shit week really.our lawnmower engine blew up, and our beer fridge has become a freezer.it never rains it pours *sighs*

Edit: think it may have been intake not inlet, we only knew of a problem when we heard a squeal/whine noise from under the bonnet, we had no rough idle or anything :(

tmenz, Nov 11, 2:39am
Relatively minor problem - could happen to anyone or any car at any time!
As for the lawnmower blowing up - didn't you pay him!
Your fridge will have a stuck thermostat - easy fix!

bellky, Nov 11, 2:41am
yeah well when you own a ford you drive around in a ford, not a holden.

i wouldn't own a holden - or go in one.

maybe you should have bought a holden

nickandamanda, Nov 11, 2:45am
on the fridge subject minesbeen the same first time tray at the back was full of water next time the we hole at the back was frozen closed i just turn it of and defrost it dry it and it may be good to go again

bellky, Nov 11, 2:49am
ours does this. we defrosted it and still the same.

mugenb20b, Nov 11, 4:45am
You need a new thermostat.

skull, Nov 11, 5:07am
If you drink the beer at a faster rate it won't have time to freeze up. That's one of your problems completely solved.

clark20, Nov 11, 5:53am
It happens to Holdens as well , tomorrow my 07 VE Commodore is having its fuel level sensored replaced. Only $165 + GST. Only problem is the tank has to come out to do it, 2 hours labour so it will be $400 all up. Could nearly have bought a new tyre for that.

unbeatabull, Nov 11, 6:00am
$40~ tops for a gasket, 2 hours max labour, fairly cheap repair

jojo76, Nov 11, 7:12am
It is being done at a ford service centre.$64 for gasket and 3 hours labour. quoted $400 all up.

Thanks for those who mentioned that it would just be the thermostat in the fridge, thought i was going to be looking for anther one, need it with xmas not to far away.

pollymay, Nov 11, 7:40am
dealership sounds like a rip. I've done a zillion intake gaskets, easy peasy work even with split bank V8s with lots of covers.

icemans1, Nov 11, 7:42am
ya always pay more at a dealership for labour

cowboy110, Nov 11, 7:44am
I feel absolutely gutted for you.There is nothing worse than having ya beer fridge pack up. I hope you get it sorted soon.Oh yeah.as for the Ford.yep ya should have bought a Holden

fordcrzy, Nov 11, 7:54am
mmmmmmBEER'CICALS

n3d4sp3d, Nov 11, 8:52am
fix or repair daily definatly should have purchased a holden

rallybaz, Nov 11, 8:55am
my holden has cost me a lot of money, but never blown a gasket, hope this makes you feel better about your fridge.

cowboy110, Nov 11, 9:07am
There ya go.Just had to sort your priorities out.

sifty, Nov 11, 7:11pm
about 20 yrs ago my HQ ute stripped its fibre timing gears. All Holdens are obviously inferior, as no mechanical breakdowns ever occur in any other sort of car, eh.

bellky, Nov 11, 7:40pm
thanks. will look into it

desmodave, Nov 11, 7:53pm
I recall towing a mates commodore home with the same problem around the same time.

smac, Nov 11, 7:53pm
That whole fibre timing gear thing was.odd.design.

brokebloke1, Nov 11, 8:05pm
hahaha this happen to me in one of my old HQ's in the MIDDLE of the Lytteton tunnel had traffic backed up ,,, funny nowwasnt then

mustangsally2, Nov 11, 8:10pm
HOLDEN.NO!

thejazzpianoma, Nov 11, 8:11pm
I won't use the Tauranga's Holden dealership on principle. They told lies and broke the fair trading act and consumer guarantees act.

Yet when this was pointed their solution was to ring up, bully the customer and tell more lies.

BTW, I am not scared of slander because the statement has to be untrue to be held as slanderous.

thejazzpianoma, Nov 11, 8:14pm
Also, Falcon's and Commodores are both built cheap to be sold cheap.

I actually think they do fairly well for what they are trying to achieve but there is no free lunch so expect some drawbacks.