Fitting an after market car stereo

chockyphish, Nov 4, 1:20am
Was given a JVC car stereo for my birthday, and now need to think about how this can be fitted into the rather narrown console of my Toyota MRS.The fitting kits that I have seen advertised on TM state a width that is greater than the external width of my console. gggrrrr.Unless I have overlooked something (and have measured the stereo with and without the surround, the console and existing factory stereo and the fitting brackets advertised) I don't know that this can be done.
Anyone had a similar experience or advise!

robertsons-nes, Nov 4, 2:42am
get in touch with digital logistics or eds autos both will be able to sort you out

chockyphish, Nov 4, 2:59am
WOuld rather fit at home - have a budget to consider

kazbanz, Nov 4, 3:52am
What exactly is the issue! The MRS has a standard din fitting sterio.
Remove the console faceplate and whatever has to be removed to gain access.Unbolt the factory sterio.Bolt in the JVC.You might even get a jvc-toyota adaptor so you don't need to work out the wiring.
What can possibly go wrong!

-Ok first off you could damage the console face. Second you could fail to undo hidden scres so damaging the console and thirdly you could wire the sterio wrong.

r15, Nov 4, 4:10am
if you don't know how to do it, then you're probably not a suitable person to do it.take it to someone else cheap who knows what they are doing before you wreck something

xs1100, Nov 4, 7:30am
both the reccomendations robbo made are suppliers not installers

thunderbolt, Nov 4, 7:45am
If you can't afford the install, can you afford the replacement or repair once you let the smoke out!

n1smo_gtir, Nov 4, 8:21am
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index!qid=20090825081824AAEy7nB. How to remove stereo out of Toyota Mrs. Install opp of reverse.

chockyphish, Nov 4, 8:36am
The issue is this. my partner wants to fit the new stereo, and yes he has done this many times.However the brackets that convert the current 2 din to single din, with a storage tray are too wide to fit the console!I simply asked if anyone else had had a similar experience and how they might have got around it

daryl14, Nov 4, 8:55am
Don't use the bracket then. There are probably more than enough holes for screws in the bracketry already inside the car. Should be easy as pie.

pyro_sniper2002, Nov 4, 1:49pm
Eds auto have the parts required on their website.

kazbanz, Nov 4, 7:11pm
your mrs has a TOYOTA double din which means you need to buy the toyota filler/spacers. They don't need to be genuine parts but you need the 2x (roughly) 8mm wide spacers or there will be a great big gap at each end of the sterio.Often you need to slightly modify the spacers to fit.if they are cheaper aftermarkets.The sterio does fit in the factory brackets.