Be quick.get a new Holden while you can!

Page 1 / 4
spongefrisk, Nov 4, 9:52pm

attitudedesignz, Nov 4, 10:09pm
LMFAO, notice WHO the "automotive expert" is, pffft.

dvince, Nov 4, 10:45pm
Haha I should have guessed.

serf407, Nov 4, 11:25pm

pebbles61, Nov 5, 1:21am
Going the way of BL lol. Isn't Holden a shell of it's former self! Don't they just make badge engineered GMs!

joanie32, Nov 5, 3:55am
NO quite the opposite. Holden are a mongroel created from all the floor sweepings from other GM plants

kokako14, Nov 5, 4:12am
Research shows 90% of all Holdens built in the last 30 years remain on the road.
The other 10 % made it home

3tomany, Nov 5, 5:46am
god made shit holden made it move

berg, Nov 5, 6:12am
Having worked for
Subaru
Suzuki
Fiat
Holden
Pontiac
Chevrolet
Isuzu
Bedford
Vauxhall
Mercedes
Dodge
Mitsubishi
Chrysler
Jeep
And various others plus worked on most makes imported into NZ,
the two cars I currently own were chosen because over a twenty plus year career in automotive repair they gave the least problems in my experience, a Commodore (VZ SV6 ute) and a Suzuki Swift.

pebbles61, Nov 5, 6:22am
I wish Holden all the best, I'm not a fan of their cars, but I still hate seeing car & bike companies go under.

andrea210, Nov 5, 6:25am
I bought one on saturday! lol Doing my bit to help

sifty, Nov 5, 6:32am
I always wondered how the Holden assumed the 'dinkum aussie' tag over the coon when it was an opel body with a buick or nissan engine in it.

trouser, Nov 5, 6:43am
Jesus wept.Possibly the biggest collection of automotive disasters in recent times.
It's no wonder a 8 year old holden and swift are considered reliable after working for that lot.

franc123, Nov 5, 6:57am
It is effectively just GM's brand for Australasia, yes. It is surprising that it has lasted this long, I do wonder at times if GM management in the states would rather it didn't exist and that they could simply shove Chev badges on everything they sell here.

pebbles61, Nov 5, 7:22am
That's a risky move, as people simply buy them because they have a Holden badge on them. It's like the Chinese buying up the old British names to sell their cars under them, as people want to buy a name they know and 'trust'.

berg, Nov 5, 8:24am
Lol, a few dogs along the way. The Swift now has 140,000km trouble free kms and my last Holden had 240,000km with only a gear drive change required at 225 thou. Very reliable. Thing is, bang for buck the Commonwhore is a far better deal than many of its competition vehicles

franc123, Nov 5, 9:02am
For sure. We all know what happened when Daewoos were actually sold as Daewoos.Slap a Holden badge on and miraculously they become desirable vehicles.

chebry, Nov 5, 10:31am
Holden had the bulk of the Aussie market long before the coon was released When the coons hit the market they were absolute shite and fell to pieces typical US crap design, it took Ford several redesigns before anyone would touch a Falcon in OZ and it took the demise of the Zephyr for kiwis to consider a Falcon at all.

mokaubach, Nov 5, 11:48am
I'll put a Falcon ute with a Barra engine up against your Holden ute any day, piss all over the Holden in the engine reliability stakes. Ask any million KM+ Sydney Falcon Taxi driver.

trouser, Nov 5, 6:06pm
I'm with you on that one.

mokaubach, Nov 5, 7:19pm
People are easily conned, just like the belief that the new COTF V8SC Nissan is in some way the same as Godzilla when the only similarity in they both have 4 wheels.

mokaubach, Nov 5, 7:23pm
Again the Falcon wins, bigger deck, more power, more torque, more reliability, similar used car pricing.

chebry, Nov 5, 7:28pm
Falcon gets dunger of the year award

mokaubach, Nov 5, 7:32pm
And tells us what you drive!

attitudedesignz, Nov 5, 8:49pm
You do know Holden, as a car maker, (not a coach builder as they were) started in the late '40s! Not too many Opels running around with Buick or Nissans motors back then. Or are you only talking about Commodores! Oh you must be thinking about the VC - VK with the Opel derived and very much altered to suit OZ conditions (which when the VB went into production was maybe 30% Opel shell) that ran a HOLDEN 6 or HOLDEN 4 (Starfire)
No, you must be talking about the 1 model that had a Nissan engine as an option, the VL. And the VN - VP - VR that had the Buick.

So apart from a few models that had other brand engines i'd say there are PLENTY of Holdens that were "dinkum aussie" as you say.