Be quick.get a new Holden while you can!

Page 2 / 4
dave653, Nov 5, 8:55pm
Probly a Honda!
I'm not interested in new cars at all. I'l stick with my '76 Holden. I've only had it 27 years!

dave653, Nov 5, 9:00pm
Right on!
JA Holden actually started as a saddler. manufacturer of saddles and straps and stuff. waaayy back in 1856. Then became Holden & Frost in 1885. So, they've been round longer than Ford. Just sayin'!

attitudedesignz, Nov 5, 9:25pm
And for the sake of a balanced arguement. How 'bout the dinkum aussie Ford Laser (Mazda), Ford Telstar (Mazda), Ford Maverick (Nissan Patrol) and the stunning Ford Corsair, which was a Nissan Pintara (Bluebird)

Do some research on the 'Button car plan' and you'll find there were NO true "dinkum aussie" cars in the late '80s early '90s.

timmo1, Nov 5, 10:42pm
'Oh no we are going bankrupt.quick Government, give us some more bailout funding.'

chebry, Nov 6, 2:56am
I certainly dont drive any shitbox ford

phillip.weston, Nov 6, 3:04am
While you're at it ask them how many bottom ball joints they've replaced in that time. Every time I go to Sydney I always see a Falcon (wagon) taxi with its bonnet up. Still a good reliable car though.

kingfisher21, Nov 6, 4:36am
The engine maybe, but what about the rest of it!

mokaubach, Nov 6, 5:54am
As I suspected, a real true Holden supporter, probably never owned one LOL

3tomany, Nov 6, 5:56am
unbelievable a thread gets started about cheap imports threatening holden and ford manufacturing in oz and while you guys were all arguing on youre computers about which is better. the guy next door just traded his falcon and his wifes commy on a brand new mazda 6 for him and a honda accord for the misses. Thats the problem not the reliability or engine size of the latest falcondore

sifty, Nov 6, 6:20am
Jeez, settle down, you'll crinkle your HRT jammies.

I was referring to the impression the Holden is a dinky-di aussie product more so than the Ford (you know, the all-aussie image of akubra hat, can of XXXX and holden ute type thing) when in recent times the coon was very much an aussie designed and built beast by comparison.

I am very aware of the history of the two brands, I've owned both, and probably grew up in an unusual household where the old man had both a Fairmont and a Prem in the garage.

chebry, Nov 6, 6:52am
No goober Ive owned plenty of Aussie cars in Aussie where they belong Valiants were the best Fords worst by a long chalk. As for Sydney cabbages lasting long time BUlls**t the transmissions are biodegradable ball joints last no time at all and the howling diffs are like a siren biggest heaps of shit on the road.

chebry, Nov 6, 6:55am
Thats what went wrong in the US nobody wants american junk anymore and its the same with Falcons not so much Holdens yet.

3tomany, Nov 6, 7:02am
you didnt say what you drive !

mokaubach, Nov 6, 8:25am
LOL, rustbucket Valiants, owned them too and watched them disappear underneath me, lets talk about crap Dunnydoor brakes and Gen 2 V8s smoking and needing rebuilds after 500kms shall we!, or rusty rear windows causing leaks!, and yes, I've owned serveral of them too. Come back with a serious well informed arguement sunshine, you are way out of your depth here.

franc123, Nov 6, 8:33am
That explains why Falcons have outlived Valiants by over 30 years and that far more of them are used as cabs than Commodores! Ohh.

berg, Nov 6, 8:38am
But I don't own a Falcon ute with a Barra engine. I own a Commodore with the 3.6 V6 engine and guess what, I'm happy with it. You can offer to put whatever the hell you want up against it, I'm happy with what I own and in my own experience I have found them to be solidly reliable.

jarrod261, Nov 6, 9:25am
But yet still the build quality of the falcon lets it down.

chebry, Nov 6, 9:29am
Youd be the most gormless ape ever to learn to type king of thr rustbuckets were the XA/XB Fords by a countryt mile weekly wheel alignments and fist sized holes in less than a year but you goobs are safe now as the parts supplier was bailed out by their clients GMH & Ford

chebry, Nov 6, 9:33am
Ford cabbages usee a detuned LPG fueled version of the falcon engine not the one you get idiot Cabs are a factory model with beefed up suspensions stronger seats special wiring looms etc to cope with severe service they are nothing like the pile of snot you bought with the rust in the body seams from the factory

mokaubach, Nov 6, 9:40am
LOL, clown, you need anger management lessons boyo.

treachug, Nov 6, 10:05am
The funny thing is he (chebry) is probably correct. The Taxis have the Taxi pack option - spec'd with the wiring & suspension etc for the rigours of constant driving/use etc.

jmma, Nov 6, 10:10am
Who would have guessed it, a Holden thread turned into a For (Nah, I can't even say the word ) thread(o:

chebry, Nov 6, 10:17am
And you clown might like to learn something about cars before you go spewing forthill informed crap

chebry, Nov 6, 6:46pm
No that explains nothing Falcons took over from Vals as taxis simply because of size Holdens were too small Then Ford built a dedicated cab and still do the T in the vin No is the clue. Holdens get factory built as Police cars not cabbages coz they are pursuit capable fast handle well etc if your happy driving a Melbourne cab with cats ziptied to the lower arms fine I like cars that stop and steer properly not falcodoors

mokaubach, Nov 6, 7:15pm
You still havent told us what you drive FIGJAM!, a Daewoo maybe!, probably a pink MX5.LOL. Why dont you buy a Holden Cruze, have a read up about them!.