Old skool car radio / faceplate

tkme, Nov 10, 1:56am
Anyone know where we might be able to source an old skool radio for a '68 mustang we're doing up!Doesn't have to be 'going'.and can just be a faceplate, but we'd love the old skool look rather than anything modern.Cheers.

pdc1, Nov 10, 2:17am
you do know they do an old style new one to suit these don't you!

tkme, Nov 10, 2:56am
We were told that there is something out there, but that it looks cheap and plasticky.Haven't seen it ourselves, so can't comment.But if there's something you think is different from that.would love to know where from!

morrisman1, Nov 10, 3:13am
the place 'rent a space' in Invercargill installed a classic looking radio into my boss's thunderbird, but it has MP3, ipod input and all that stuff. I didn't realise it was new until it was pointed out to me, looks that genuine. Maybe they are worth a call to see where they can be bought from.

bevharris1938, Nov 10, 3:15am
EBAY

tkme, Nov 10, 3:32am
Cheers morrisman :-DWill look into it.

andrea_w, Nov 10, 3:42am
While you can probably get them on there. be aware you'll only pick up 1 or 2 radio stations. Yank FM works on uneven numbers, for eg - 91.1, 91.3, 91.5, 91.7 etc. Most NZ stations are on the even decimal point (90.2, 91, 91.8 etc). You can get a Yank band expander, but they are expensive and it's just another cost to factor in too

tkme, Nov 10, 3:52am
Cheers - have emailed Rent a Space.and checked out Ebay.most say they don't ship to NZ.but I guess direct contact with the seller we might find out differently.We wondered about the access to stations.however, if it's got a USB access point that's probably what we'll listen to more anyway.Will look into further.Cheers everyone.

fordcrzy, Nov 10, 9:40pm
you can buy little amps that take an aux input that you plug your mp3 player into or phone etc. that way you dont even need a head unit.just have a port in your govebox etc

fordcrzy, Nov 10, 9:43pm
if you do a search on "spindle mount car stereo" or retrosound stereo you will see some good ones.