Advice needed re turning right issue.

Page 2 / 3
gunhand, Nov 15, 8:24am
What were the reasons! never heard of anyone getting off for this before. Could be a reason worth knowing.

purple666, Nov 15, 8:24am
Woman driver must be in the wrong surely!

attitudedesignz, Nov 15, 8:25am
You'd all ready be dead if you said that in 'general' haha.they scare me over there.

rob_man, Nov 15, 8:27am
There are some situations usually involving multiple lanes and the car in front swerving into another lane and stopping.

rob_man, Nov 15, 8:29am
Take it to Parenting if you want to really have tears before bedtime. You didn't breastfeed your boys did you!

andrea_w, Nov 15, 8:30am
Brake lights not working would be one. that is a WoF fail and would be a direct cause of the accident.
Far too often I see people with no working brake lights. I get away from them as fast as possible, it's just scary and dangerous being behind them

gunhand, Nov 15, 8:33am
Multiple lanes huh.Ive heard of these things before, few and far between down here lol. Is that the ones those Multiplas are allowed in!

smac, Nov 15, 8:35am
Actually sorry, correction: one was hitting from behind, the other hit someone while reversing, which is also commonly described as 'always in the wrong'.

The hit from behind: my ma' was following someone through a right hand turn on a green arrow and the woman in front hit the brakes halfway round for no known reason. Still couldn't give a reason to the cop when they showed. No charge laid on ma.

The reversing: father in law backing up the truck, woman rounded a corner and kinda drifted into him. He was constantly checking mirrors but must have been looking at the other side when she arrived. Several witnesses hung around and backed him up that he had no way of seeing her, and that she could have stopped but didn't. No charge.

ralphdog1, Nov 15, 8:36am
Correct, law was changed in the early to mid 70's if my memory is semi accurate

thewomble1, Nov 15, 8:45am
If you hit the car in front you are at fault.does not matter if brake lights not working.how long indicator lights were on.etcYou have to be able to stop in half the distance.
Pulling over to the left WAS for highway/motorway driving not around town

msigg, Nov 15, 8:53am
Yes most of you are correct,following car must fix damage, and she can get it fixed through her insurance company if she likes, or she could use the services of the offer of repairs from the interested party and not go any where near her insurance company which to my mind would be better. She could also take it to the small claims court with prices /qoutes for repairers and seek costs. Black and white.

andrea_w, Nov 15, 9:01am
Err, explain the logic there. brake lights is the first and most visible sign a car is slowing down. If they aren't working, you're going to find it very hard to stop without hitting the car in front, especially if they brake hard.
Besides, non working brake lights is an instant WoF fail (car should therefore not be on the road) and will be a direct contributor to a rear end accident
Can anyone with ACTUAL experience here elaborate .!

gunhand, Nov 15, 9:06am
I think thats probably the whole idea of that law in the first place. You must be able to stop short of any incident that takes place in front of you at any time. soif a car does suddenly stop brake lights or not you can stop.A car could in theory just stop with out brake lights going on, it may stall or something.

msigg, Nov 15, 9:09am
Well in the dark yes , but if your an experienced driver and you keep a large following distance to the car in front then you should be capable of stopping and or swerving to avoid it. Two wrongs don't make a right. Lots of ifs and buts here. Just be sencible and drive accordingly and have insurance because you never know when you might need it.

attitudedesignz, Nov 15, 9:16am
Nope, she has entered into a verbal contract that "we" will fix the car, and as such "we" have the 'right to repair' That's black & white and very clear.

richard112, Nov 15, 5:37pm
Check her vehicle out for wof & reg on car jam if your son didn't think to at the time. Could explain the delay.

chebry, Nov 15, 5:48pm
Hit someone from behind you are at fault no ifs buts or maybes safe stopping distance needs to be maintained at all times and treat all other drivers as complete idiots and you wont be too far wrong

msigg, Nov 15, 6:05pm
Verbal dosn't mean squat if she says "no I didn't"and if there's are no witnesses. Don't kid yourself. If you have a verbal agreement then sort it out. Simple. No problems. Try her a few more times if she dosn't come to the party there's nothing you can do.move on.

splinter67, Nov 15, 6:33pm
Jeez some of you guys are scum trying to get off a clear cut case. Not you attitudedesignz good on ya fix it when ya can hope your going to make your son help do it give him some sandpaper and a sanding block might teach him to be a little more careful next time

40wav, Nov 15, 6:43pm
Clearly at some point it was Zero. Good luck.

poppajn, Nov 15, 7:25pm
This is correct.

poppajn, Nov 15, 7:27pm
Got nothing to do with it; she,s in the right regardless.

klrider, Nov 15, 7:27pm
Hmmmm, no, but the car following should.and they should take repsonsability to ensure there is enough gap to stop.

kazbanz, Nov 15, 7:47pm
AD- sorry mon your son was in the wrong /at fault for whatever reason it was that he hit the other car.(too close/too fast/not paing attention)
Sorry to be a cynical barsteward but a verbal contract is worth NOTHING in todays world. Yea in the world you n I grew up in- a "mans" word was his bond
Now everytghing needs to be in black and white.
Its entirely possible the person concerned is just busy but in case they are trying to scam you/the insurer I'd be dotting I's and crossing T's
Get the verbal agreement that you are fixing the car in wrighting.Get it sighned by both parties.I'd have pictures of the damage as well.
Not about getting out of anything of course. Its about trouble later.
Ohh and sorry mon YOU being inconvenienced-if it all turns pear shaped those people couldn't give a rats petutee about you

thewomble1, Nov 16, 6:22am
andrea_w wrote:
Err, explain the logic there. brake lights is the first and most visible sign a car is slowing down. If they aren't working, you're going to find it very hard to stop without hitting the car in front, especially if they brake hard.
Besides, non working brake lights is an instant WoF fail (car should therefore not be on the road) and will be a direct contributor to a rear end accident
Can anyone with ACTUAL experience here elaborate .![/quote
If you hit the car in front you are at fault.Does not matter if brake lights are working you are not allowed to hit them.The brake lights may not be working and they are taking the car to the garage to get repaired so they are allowed to be on the road.Surely you don't drive by the stop lights showing.I watch for lights plus the distance between me and the cart in front.