Commodore brakes!

Page 2 / 2
beblowin, Nov 25, 2:26am
you have to get adaptor plates made up and then get them certed, cheaper than hopper stoppers.

sr2, Nov 25, 3:27am
Brilliant mate, flick me through an email with your new contact details.

johnf_456, Nov 25, 3:58am
stop the swipes, Its getting a bit tiresome with every chance you get to take towards myself.

johnf_456, Nov 25, 3:58am
stop the swipes, Its getting a bit tiresome with every chance you get to take.

bill-robinson, Nov 25, 6:50am
hehas an opinion,(drunken or not) he can post it.
Stop being a policeman. We can ALL do without that.

johnf_456, Nov 25, 6:53am
All very well when one targets you at every chance they get

sr2, Nov 25, 7:33am
LOL; for 1/2 a doz Turkeys, (I've allways been a cheap drunk) I thought I was waxing lyrical!

bill-robinson, Nov 25, 6:00pm
the word "ignore" comes to mind. look it up in the dictionary and practise the definition. Easy

timmo1, Nov 25, 8:14pm
Can you explain what you mean a bit more sr2! Do you mean good brake pedal feel! Or that the ratio is such that the brakes are overly sensitive!

sr2, Nov 25, 10:51pm
I'm talking pedal height. With a low m/cyl to calliper ratio you get the required leverage without a booster but it's often a mission to get a high enough pedal. Nothing freaks a driver out more than having a brake pedal go almost to the floor, hence the sneaky little left foot pump on the straights to keep the brakes pumped up! A big part of making a car run fast is getting the driver into his comfort zone, even quite small things such as pedal height can have a big effect on stage or lap times.

bill-robinson, Nov 25, 11:46pm
I would think that some residual pressure valves in the brake lines might help. Wilwood do them, could be worth a trySR2

sr2, Nov 26, 2:53am
Yes I've used PBR residual line pressure valves in the past; they were very effective with drum brakes where you had more fluid displacement. With disk callipers where you are relying on the distortion of the square section o ring to release the piston residual line pressure can be a problem.