LN65 2.4 diesel, '87-89 ish, water issue

Page 3 / 3
dent, Nov 25, 6:55am
Yup talking the ali plate that has the oil pump in it. The water pump mounts on to it.This ali plate mounts to the block. This one is out of a toyota dyna 2.4 diesel with the roller rocker cam shaft.

skin1235, Nov 25, 7:18am
then I am definitely interested lol

dent, Nov 25, 7:19am
Basicly engine was running fine till oil pump wore the splines and stoped pumping oil. Bores, pistons and crank damaged. But proberly have all other parts including cylinder head, cam, rockers,, injectors, pump, fuel pipes, etc

skin1235, Nov 25, 7:28am
now all I have to do is find out how to get it all from nelson to wanganui region - and a price for the plate and the cam pedestals

intrade, Nov 30, 12:47am
re 57 thats the rocker roller head yes but the turbo can cook the head look at where it sits above the headtrapping the heat there instead of lower to draw heat away from the head. i would make up some headers and lower the charger to lower the risk if it blowing up. Or find a non turbo they cant be killed unlessyou work real hard at killing it.Turbos them selfs also cant handle neglect any turbo no matter what ones.

mrfxit, Nov 30, 1:09am
Yep thats the burger (wonders if & how I can pinch that heater tap)

mrfxit, Nov 30, 1:11am
Mines fine with the turbo, I simply take notice of IF I need to run it cooling down for a minute or 2 (more or less) or not TOTALLY depending on how hard/loads/ hills etc it's just been on.
Common sense & brains

skin1235, Nov 30, 4:35am
trader, they're supposed to be a lump of iron surrounded by rust holding hands, but they do tend to take on a personality eh
your phrase "sucks up abuse and neglect - then loves me harder for it," really does sum them up
I've had guys bail and walk down tracks that I usually take steering with my knees while rolling a fag - lux's won't quit, and they don't usually fall over either, although I had a couple that have fallen off the tracks _ but I blame 6inches of rain on papa as the culprit there - and the fact I was too lazy to clip the cleats on

trader_84, Nov 30, 7:37am
Yeah skin mate - I hear you and agree. I've got a couple of US based toys on the build but my dirty little lux pigger will probably always be my fave, lol! And I talk to himmmm! Lol!

intrade, Nov 30, 7:38am
i dont talk to my cars but my engine was called nosie in the ute aperantly

trader_84, Nov 30, 7:41am
Arggh mate! I, not too long ago sold a truck 'as parts' that had all of that stuff still on it. You coulda had that. I need this one to remain complete until I decided whats going to happen with it. I come across stuff everyso often . I'll keep my eyes open for you just in case. Chur.