MAZDA VERISA 2004

pugmyre, Nov 30, 10:41pm
Does anyone know about these cars!What are they like to drive etc!Any warnings with these!All help appreciated.Thanks.

kazbanz, Nov 30, 11:06pm
Pug they are a REALLY Good car.They are mechanically a Mazda demio but somehow feel a LOT more solid to drive.
It is Mrs Kaz's favorite car at the moment because she can easilly fit baby kaz in her carseat as well as her HUGE pushchair.Isofix for modern carseats. VVTi chain drive engine. Normal auto gearbox etc.
I rate them higher than a vitz,corolla,demio for feel

pugmyre, Nov 30, 11:12pm
Hey thanks for that info kaz.I must admit I looked on your site first but none there.So there is enough room for the "Little" toolbox too huh.Appreciate your input.Thank you.

pugmyre, Dec 1, 12:13am
Thanks kaz.Didn't realize about this feature.We can get one of these with approx 80K on the clock,fresh import for $8200, CASH sale.What do you reckon!

kazbanz, Dec 1, 12:20am
I think you should shut up and go buy it. ;-)
Do a deposit and get a PP check done but that sounds like a pretty sharp price.

pugmyre, Dec 1, 12:25am
Hey kaz.We're gonna test drive it and do exactly what you say.Cheers.

bono111, Dec 1, 4:08am
Watch out for rust at the rear where the suspension mounts to the under body of the car its a real problem with these and the demios .

kazbanz, Dec 1, 5:14am
Except that the 2 parts that corrode are on the compliance watch list. So either its clean on entry or the 2 parts have been replaced with new bits in NZ

ambo11, Dec 1, 5:39am
We drove one today as we are still searching for a car.nice to drive, very roomy, nice instruments.but seemed quite underpowered though, and very harsh ride, with lots of dash rattles. But may have been just this example. Then we drove a Nissan Tiida, VERY comfortable and quiet compared to the Verisa, so I dunno.if the Tiida could have the Verisa instruments and body it would be perfect.lol
The Tiida was underpowered too, being a 1500. to be honest its damned confusing buying a car now, so many on here to chose from.
Would like to drive another Verisa though, in case that one we drove was just a "dog". Certainly makes me think the Yaris is a pretty plain car now compared to some of the newish imports coming in. The dealer said to me all the small Mazdas are harsh in ride.but in Japan roads are probably perfectly smooth.
Want to try a Nissan Note now, see if its any nicer than the Tiida.

ambo11, Dec 1, 5:44am
Actually Kaz, are all Tiidas CVT! If not, how do I tell a "normal" auto! Thanks!

kazbanz, Dec 1, 8:52am
ambo--look save yaself some misery. Take a Toyota allex for a drive--it sounds like a perfect fiot for you mate :-)

pugmyre, Dec 1, 11:00pm
Thanks for the info guys.They do sound like a great little car.