The Groupon vehicle service + WOF deal.

moby, Dec 3, 9:56am
Anyone else get sucked in !. I phoned today to book in my vehicle (was open to any date in December) and was told that I couldn't get a booking until May. 5 months running around with no WOF (or, by consequence, Rego) is not a goer. There was no warning of this situation in the original advertising. What a scam.

meathead_timaru, Dec 3, 10:07am
Hahaha no such thing as a free lunch.

Anyway, the last thing you should skimp on is vehicle servicing. By all means, buy Pams Weetbix and Homebrand biscuits if you want to save money. But skimping on car maintenance will cost you dearly in the long run.

bitsy_boffin, Dec 3, 10:08am
Groupon doesn't have a stellar reputation in this regard.The trouble isn't so much that it's a scam, it's that the businesses they sign up to offer deals are are woefully unprepared for the sudden influx, and Groupon doesn't help them.

They are also under the misguided idea that the people that take up the offer are likely to come back to buy more, where infact the usual result is thousands of people taking up the cheap deal, never to be seen again, and complaining because of the inevitable bad service that results from a business unable to cope with the load.

n1smo_gtir, Dec 3, 10:33am
surely this was on fairgo a little while back.