Car Stereo - CD/USB works, no sound from the Radio

extrayda, Dec 6, 11:56pm
Hi,
I have a Philips headunit CEM220 or something like that.It's been in the car for at least a couple of years, working fine.Installed it myself, using ISO adapter, so no modification of any of the wiring.
The issue is that the RADIO no longer puts out any sound at all (not even static).
The CD Player / USB etc all work fine, and output sound as you would expect.
The Radio functions all seem to work (including the aerial going up) but absolutely no sound.

My thoughts are that this must be a head unit fault.
Even if the Aerial was completely disconnected I would still expect to get static.
It makes no noise on other bands either.

Is there anything worth checking that could be causing this (apart from taking the unit apart!).

andrea_w, Dec 7, 12:36am
The tuner pack is probably dead. if you need the radio you're up for a new head unit. It's simply not worth repairing!

74nova, Dec 7, 4:01am
The brand name.

aredwood, Dec 7, 6:19am
Had an old Sony headunit do this to me, Just had to press the tiny reset button with a paperclip to reset to factory settings. If you can't find a reset button disconnect the battery for about 10 min. Worth a try before replacing it.

extrayda, Dec 7, 8:59am
Thanks for that 74nova. It has (well was) actually a very good head deck, had all of the features, plus worked with my phone, gave me hands free etc.Are Philips head decks renowned for being crappy!It was relatively cheap for what it offerred.
aredwood, good idea, I haven't seen a reset button, but I had been thinking about the battery disconnect - probably a waste of time, but pretty easy to do, so worth a go.

extrayda, Dec 7, 10:36pm
Tried the battery trick - no luck.
Did clean the corrosion off the terminals while I was there though.
Looks like it's had it.
Crap.

pollymay, Dec 7, 11:52pm
I'd consider not having to listen to the radioa benefit.